Oct 5 shippers arriving Sep 21

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VivaLaFisica, Sep 19, 2012.

1. VivaLaFisica macrumors regular

So there have been some oct 5 people who suddenly got their status changed to arrive this Friday.

Are the people who ordered sometime after 2am really going to have to wait a week+ for the iPhone 5? What was the point of pre ordering?

I'm not interested in canceling my order now, but I'd just like a finite answer as to when I'll actually have my phone. I feel as though I shouldn't have pre ordered and taken my chances in a store around late September.

2. gadget123 macrumors 68020

I pre ordered on the 15th (1 DAY after pre orders opened) and mine is October 3rd earliest.

3. VivaLaFisica thread starter macrumors regular

Ordered from where?

4. gadget123 macrumors 68020

Apple store online.

5. Hakone macrumors 6502a

Consider yourself lucky. I ordered 1hr and 20mins after the flood gates opened and i'm still 5 Oct. :(

6. Duffinator macrumors 6502

Duffinator

I ordered shortly after 3:00 AM PDT on the 14th and mine still states order "delivers Oct. 5". :(

7. madsci954 macrumors 68030

It guarantees a phone, maybe not on launch day but you will get one for certain without additional effort.

By going the mortar and stone route, you're gambling waiting in a long line, the store could run out, and then you have to keep checking until you get it. That involves calling daily, walking up and checking, etc. It could be months before you can walk into an Apple Store, or any store for that matter, and walk out with the iPhone you want.

8. ek9max macrumors regular

I ordered 12 minutes after the gates opened. Mine still says shipment being prepared. :(

9. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

As is everyone's who has ordered. Check the apple thread about tracking it if you want to know more.