Odd battery behaviour.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Moccasin, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

My iPhone 4 battery % dropped to 94% this morning in a very short space of time while doing not much at all. I've had a smaller decrease while doing far more and as its on wifi in a strong 3G signal area, there are no obvious reasons for such a drop.

I had a lot of apps open so killed those and did a 2-button re-boot.

I was rather surprised to find that the battery percentage increased to 98% when the phone was back on. It has however dropped 2% while typing this post, so presume its a temporary increase and 94% was probably accurate.

It has been suggested that I restore the phone as a new device to stop the battery life sinking so quickly but I'm not sure that its worth the hassle.

Any thoughts?

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You have been given a possible fix for your issue yet you don't want to do that as it may not be worth the hassle. YET you came here to make this thread only to most likely have people tell you to restore your phone. Yeah, good luck.

3. Moccasin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Sorry but I said I wasn't sure whether it was worth the hassle. Not the same - I was actually asking for advice. Ah well never mind

----------

I was also intrigued by the change in battery life percentage showing. It is now back to 94% about 10-15 minutes after re-setting