Odd iPhone 4S connectivity issue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulbennett95, Apr 23, 2013.

1. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I've recently switched my iPhone 4S to T-Mobile, and when I try to use either their "4G" or 2G I can only access the Internet through the safari address bar and sometimes the Facebook app.

If I try to use twitter or any other Internet enabled app, or if I try to use the search bar in safari, either nothing loads or I get a connection error.

If I type a website name into the address bar it sometimes works (I can't access macrumors that way, but if I go to google.com and search it I can access it fine, same with some other sites)

Everything worked on my precious carrier (albeit very slow), so why not here? I obviously can connect to the Internet, and when I go to websites with 4G the speed is good (speedtest doesn't work so I can't get a number) so it's not connection issues. The number of cell bars makes no difference.

I had nitrous and some other jailbreak tweaks but I restored from backup and went to 6.1.3 but it made no difference. Then I tried to set it as a new phone, yet again nothing, so now I'm back on my backup.

Any suggestions? I asked on the T-Mobile forums and the one answer I got was to buy an new iPhone 5 (no) Would the apple store be able to help? I have no warranty or AppleCare.

Thanks.

2. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

3. paulbennett95 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

But why would the Internet work on safari but not other places?
    If I was getting frequencies I couldn't receive then i wouldn't have Internet access at all but I do so...?

4. paulbennett95 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

Resetting network settings seemed to fix everything.

5. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

try this internet setup guide

Code:
    http://snapguide.com/guides/manually-set-up-apn-internet-settings-on-iphone-4-1/