odd line appearing on MBP screen when displaying images that are totally black

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dccorona, Jul 8, 2010.

1. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

I have a core i7 MBP with the high res display, and when the display is showing black, a horizontal green line appears on the screen. It is only visible when the screen is showing black or another very very dark color, and the line is not visible with the screen off. It isnt something on the screen, as rubbing it does not affect it at all

I cannot post a screenshot of it, because it does not appear in the screenshot (it does on my screen, because the line is there physically, but on other monitors it is not visible)

anyone know what this might be caused by, and if it can be fixed?

thanks

2. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

no one seems interested...but on the off chance that someone comes here with the same issue looking for answers, I'm taking my computer in to the genius bar when i get back on vacation. I'll update with what they do once I get there

3. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

it must be a problem with your display because if it was with the graphics card then it would show up in a screenshot.

4. dccorona thread starter macrumors 68020

dccorona

thats what I figured.
    now all that remains to be seen is what Apple does about it (I do have 3 year Apple Care, but the computer is brand new anyways so that shouldn't make a difference)

5. ZeroSix macrumors newbie

Sorry man, i know this is an really old thread but i wanted to know if you ever found out what was wrong with your MBP. I'm having the same issues.