Odd Twist in Capital Crime Trial -- Florida Pays For Tattoo Cover-Up

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mkrishnan, Dec 10, 2009.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This is mostly just an odd situation....

http://www.freep.com/article/20091210/NEWS07/912100490/1322/Florida-to-foot-bill-for-tattoo-cover-up

It's a little interesting to me that he's essentially being protected at the legal system's expense from making himself look guilty. (The granted request came from the defense -- i.e. it wasn't like the defendant was trying to use the tattoos to appear insane.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Surely the fact that the make-up is now known about makes it essentially obsolete? :confused:

Sounds like a really nice young man doesn't he?

3. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

150 a day? wtf. Give him some makeup and have him do it himself.

4. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

One suspects that makeup can only cover one symptom of stupidity, and the disease is likely to be found out via other symptoms that will undoubtedly be uncovered over the course of the trial....

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I don't see how you could do anything except crime with those tats, you wouldn't be able to get employed anywhere..

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is better to spend the little bit now, as opposed to having to retry him when he wins an appeal based on the tats.

7. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Unless you're musically talented enough to sign on to one of the white supremacist recording labels? :confused:

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Bingo, we have a winner.

9. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

If the jury has been selected already, they're supposed to avoid any media coverage of the trial they're involved with. It's easier with some trials, like the one I was on. :p
    From what I can tell, you don't have to be especially talented to get signed, you just have to be white, non-Jewish, possibly not Catholic, and go on about people who aren't like you suck and want to destroy "white culture".

10. takao macrumors 68040

takao

is it common practice in the US to appeal because one had tattoos ? i'm a little bit confused why the covering is even done in the first place ? (or the tattooing before that ?)

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

They are afraid that these will influence the jury and wreck the defendants presumption of innocence.