Odds of getting iPhone 5 at Verizon store on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulie6978, Sep 17, 2012.

1. paulie6978 macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Im thinking about heading to the verizon store bright and early on launch day in the philly area.....

whats a good time to head there.... trying to find the "shadiest" store possible lol

what are my chances?

2. NateDMB macrumors regular

NateDMB

As early as you possibly can. If you can camp all night, I would. I haven't gone to a carrier store, but every time I've gone to the Apple store it was packed by 1-2am. Verizon shouldn't be as bad, but they don't get nearly as much stock. Go early. Real early.

3. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It just depends on how busy your local stores are. It's going to vary by location to location.

5. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

I can't really add much information to this thread, however, I can share with you that Verizon store lines are substantially less than Apple Store lines on launch day. It isn't at all clear to me, however, how it is determined how many iPhones each Verizon store receives. In past launches, I've seen some posts claiming that you could just walk in to a Verizon store without a line and get a phone. I've also heard, which makes sense, that the stores in smaller communities will have smaller lines, but of course, may also receive fewer phones.

I think the best bet is to get there reasonably early. My stores are opening at 8:00 a.m. so you might want to get there around 5:00 a.m.

If anyone has any other advice, please weigh in. I'd especially like to hear from someone who actually works at a Verizon Store.

6. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

There may be some folks waiting in line but I wouldn't expect a massive line, if its a mall store they can't camp out so get there when the mall opens. Also check out Costco, BJ's or another warehouse club (if you are a member or know a member) that has a Verizon store inside.

7. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Depends on the area your in too. If it's a busy store they might get more stock, however they probably will get more walk in traffic. Two things are sure to happen at the Apple store. First is a long wait because your not going to be the only one. Since Apple offers to set up the phone for users, that tends to take more time. The second is a good wait time. :D

8. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

ill probbaly do the 5am thing :rolleyes:

jumping ship from sprint

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Nobody, and I mean, nobody has any idea how good or bad it will be. The only folks that MIGHT know would be Apple. And, then, only if a very small number of phones will be shipped to that store.

If a reasonable amount will be shipped, there are still MANY factors.

Could anyone figure out how many people will show up wanting a phone TODAY at THAT store?

10. paulie6978 thread starter macrumors 6502a

paulie6978

Thank you for your wisdom