Of 9 tech companies, only 1 would refuse to help build Muslim Registry for Trump

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Tiger8, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

2. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

To be fair, Apple didn't say "no comment", Apple didn't respond at all. I have no problem with a company not responding to a hypothetical question that isn't based on any actual request from a government. Apple responds and this becomes a major story based on nothing more than a hypothetical question. I have absolutely no doubt we're the hypothetical to become an actual request all of these companies would say no.

3. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

In this case I really think a "No answer" is better than a "No.". It is such a ridiculous notion that it should be ignored.

And if you do think it is a serious thing to consider, I suggest you go read up a bit on overall international politics starting just about 1933.

4. Three141 macrumors 6502

Three141

I'll start by saying I am not that knowledgeable on USA politics.

I don't believe companies should mix with politics but unfortunately more so now people are determined to mix: politics, religion, atheism, education and business into one big pot.

Why say that? Because even as a microsoft fan, I can say that when it comes to it, Apple will stand it's ground wrongly or rightly.

Another way of looking at it; every company including Microsoft were talking about the importance of privacy... then Snowden happened.

When the heat was brought to Apple regarding the phone unlocking, they gritted their teeth and stuck to their guns, there is not always a need to comment.

5. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

The whole concept of a 'Muslim' registry is totalling humiliating and xenophobic. I applaud twitter for saying no and others for refusing to honour this ridiculous question with an answer.

Meanwhile in the 21st century...

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

To bad they continue to say yes to Trump and haven't banned him.

7. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Unfortunately in America, it is real; he himself suggested that, so it's not a ridiculous notion that should be ignored. His CIA director pick is also known for similar views.

I am very familiar with international politics as I'm an immigrant (and I've been to four continents). Maybe in Europe, in Denmark, this is considered a ridiculous question, but in America, it's real. I hate to say it, but America still has ways to go when it comes to human rights and equality; Europe is years ahead.

8. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Twitter has been a great tool for ISIS. You expect Twitter to ban Trump but continue to allow ISIS to use the network? Given Twitters willingness to allow ISIS to use their network it's no surprise they said "no" to the registry. I'd like to see Twitter banned.

9. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

This should be right up IBM's alley. They have some experience in this department.

/sarcasm

---

In all seriousness, I don't think these questions need to be answered when they clearly go against American values. Who know, this program might already exist knowing the weird stuff the NSA does.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I like my Muslims like I like my guns, un registered.
    welcome to disobedience :D

11. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

So are you saying the registry is a good idea?

And BTW, Facebook was used by them too so it's not 'just twitter'.

12. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Ok? Ban Facebook too. Shut down the tools that these murderers, rapists, and decapitators are using.

13. impulse462 macrumors 68000

impulse462

we all know silicon valley is filled with just talkers. the only real people (jobs and gates) are gone

14. Tiger8 thread starter macrumors 68020

Why stop there? We should also shut down cell phones, they are the number one evil tool used by criminals.

I say you should petition Donald Duck to do that, right after he puts Hillary in prison as he promised.

15. 0007776 Suspended

Well since they are using the internet to communicate we ban that. Or instead of trying to take away everyone else's freedom because of a bunch of idiots in the desert you do your part and shut off your own internet connection then for you it will be just like it is banned.

16. Cineplex macrumors 6502a

Cineplex

You are all forgetting one thing. They already built it...it's called Facebook. I am sure with photo recognition and some fancy algorithms they already know what they need to know. Everyone is helping to make this list already. I am almost positive the Feds are in bed with Facebook...so there you go.