Of all the versions, iPhone 4 is the best wearing iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayLenochiniMac, Jul 9, 2010.

1. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

After two weeks with original iPhone and 3GS, respectively:

Scuffed-up Apple logo
    Scuffed-up chrome bevel

After two weeks with iPhone 4:

No scratches anywhere, even on the Apple logo (thanks to it sitting behind the glass) or stainless steel frame.

While I'm very impressed by the iPhone 4's build quality (which is on par with original iPhone), I'm continually marveling at how the Apple logo and stainless steel frame don't get scratched up like crazy. The Apple logo used to get scuffed up in a matter of hours on the previous versions and this was always the biggest eyesore of all the flaws for those of us who like to wear our iPhones naked.

2. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

3. Savor Suspended

Savor

Glad to hear all that.

I was happy the Apple logo sat behind the glass in this one.

My bumper is building up grime around the corners, but no scratches. I just disliked the bezel and Apple logo being prone to scratches just by breathing on it. This model might be more prone to shatter, but it is solid enough to be immune to the minimal wear and tear. It isn't completely indestructible as seen from these whiney owners in this forum, but it is good enough for many of us who aren't OCD or have a mental disorder for finding the "perfect" something.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

putting the logo behind the glass was a great idea.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

That's strange considering the massive number of threads where people describe how easy it is to bang their iP4.

Glad to see some people take care of their tech.

6. Coukos34 macrumors 6502

I'd def have to agree with you. I'm impressed when I look at the back closely and realize that it still looks out of the box perfect.

Unfortunately I am happy about that for the wrong reasons. Im returning my phone because I feel like Steve jobs wins if I keep this defective (design-wise) iPhone. I've become increasingly displeased with Apple as a company and the way that they do business. It's affecting their products at this point, and that's when you know it's gone too far. I'm returning and will step back and watch what happens. I'd hate to decide to keep it, and then be disappointed when a verizon iPhone comes out in January and is redesigned (in some way) to not have the attenuation issue (at least as much anyways...). I'd love to see what this firmware update will actually do as well, but it's going to be after the return date until we find out. I realize they have said that it will only fix what the bars show, but I wonder if they will "magically" be able to fix this issue somewhat in software.....

I've always given apple the benefit of the doubt, but they have completely lost me at this point. I do agree though, I'm glad that the phone's glass is holding up the way that it is, as it means that I don't need to worry about them thinking that it is scratched and denying the return. :( i def can't complain about any part of the build of this iPhone, it's beautiful. The construction is flawless, and so is screen. They just seemed to have not quite done their homework in the antennae dept. It's too bad.....it's suppose to be a phone....

7. lilo777 macrumors 603

Who cares about little scratches on a hand-held device? What do you prefer: the scratches which do nothing to the operation of your phone or a) external antenna that causes the phone to drop the call when touched by hand and b) glass casing that breaks easily if phone gets dropped?

8. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Not that strange, mine has been in my pocket with keys and change for the last two weeks, plus several drops on my hardwood floor. Not a scratch or dent on it. I'm more inclined to believe that people who are reporting problems are exaggerating or leaving out details on how they damaged their phone.

9. iAmYou macrumors 6502

iAmYou

Ditto