Of Course, The Media Went Nuts Over Melania Trump's Plagiarism Fiasco, But Went Soft On Obama's Trip

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Jul 26, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...speech-leads-to-media-madness-at-rnc-n2195233

Interesting point of view:

Article has more, including the Obama/Deval comparison as well... and a certain video clip that should exonerate Trump AND also adds to Clinton's credibility here in 2016 - if equality is a legitimate concept, which I had not seen before but is pretty convincing - it also includes a number of possible tangential issues, some of which came true but some had not.)

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Give me a break. The media did NOT go nuts over Melania's obvious plagiarism. They went nuts over Trump's henchmen denying that there was any plagiarism. It wasn't the crime that got all of the coverage in the media but rather the cover up.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Actually, it was Melania telling Matt Lauer she wrote the speech. Then the Trump campaign coming out with no less than 6 lies about it. Much like their leader, the words "I'm sorry" don't exist in their vocabularies.

4. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Correct, if the campaign had come out and confessed to the plagiarism and apologized that would have been the end of it. But the campaign's continuous denial of reality is what kept the story alive.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'll always hold a special place in my heart for the RNC's comparison to passages from My Little Pony. If I'm not mistaken, they quoted Twilight Sparkle.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

My Little Pony is a lot more gentle than the communist manifesto.

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

things didn't have the traction in 2008 that they do today, with social media being what it is things spread like wildfire and the media of course is there to fan the flames when they see public interest.