Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Avalanche66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
anyone having an issue with Text Messages? these are mine

-Not receiving text messages
-Not sending messages

I have to do a hard reset to send or receive messages every 3 or 4 hours.

this an ios8 issue? or a hardware problem?

getting pretty pissed off now, i can miss some important texts coming through and i wouldn't notice until i actually hard reset the phone.

any fixes? i did the reset network preferences and all that. Im on ATT and i never had an issue with messaging until i switched from iPhone 5 to iPhone 6

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I haven't seen any issues like that on my 6 or my wife's.

Are you on 8.0.1? Does being on wifi or cellular have any effect?

Let us know how it goes.

Avalanche66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
never had 8.01

i went from 8.0 to 8.2

and it doesn't matter if its wifi or cellular

its happened on 8.0 and on 8.2

fantasyphil

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
This has happened to be too, I usually have to reset my phone once a day or so. Please let me know what they tell you

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
Restore as new. Don't use backup. If it still happens they will replace it. If you haven't restored as new, they will have you do it there.

fantasyphil

macrumors member
Feb 24, 2011
but restoring as new means I can not get all of my apps, pics, contacts and such. There has to be another way.

Jalopybox

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2012
but restoring as new means I can not get all of my apps, pics, contacts and such. There has to be another way.

For testing purposes you need to restore as new. Your backup could be corrupt. If the issue happens with restore as new, you have hardware issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.