Offensive, hilariously bad tea party ad depicts Rove as Nazi

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

[​IMG]

Link.

Oy. Where to start?!

From a political perspective, I'm not sure whether to take sides with Rove or not. I mean, dressing him up in Himmler's uniform is obviously offensive. On the other hand, so was claiming that John McCain fathered a black baby (one of Rove's old tricks).

I guess it clearly does show that the tea party is deathly afraid that the Republican party might actually run some half-sane candidates next time.

And from an aesthetic perspective...well, I haven't seen a web ad like this one since, oh, 2002 or so. How about a little less SS, and a little more CSS?

2. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

I find it offensive, but I find the link in your signature equally offensive. Putting an assault weapon and the letters NRA along with a school crossing sign spattered with blood.

I find it interesting that you don't find that offensive but a photochop of Rove bothers you.

3. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You have me at a disadvantage. Any detailed response to your point on my part might be construed as a violation of forum rules regarding sigs.

4. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I think you're all missing the most important thing about this story. Yeah. Karl Rove. Nazi. Blah blah blah. It doesn't matter.

The real issue here is that someone in the Tea Party learned how to use Photoshop. You all do realize the implications of this, right?

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

No, what does it mean?

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    It means by this time next week, every member of the democratic party are gonna have their heads glued on top of Nazi uniforms and spread across the internet.

But it won't end there. Oh no.

Soon, anyone who says anything negative about the Tea Party will be photoshopped into the Third Reich. Don't agree with their tax plan? Here. Have a leather trench coat. Don't think job creators should have all the advantages? Hey, look at you, all walking like a goose.

It could happen to any one of us. Me. Mac 'n Cheese. That guy Bill who posted that one time. Yes. Even you, Webbuzz.

Pretty soon, all of us will be photoshopped onto Nazi uniforms. Then the world economy will crash.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The important thing is that it wasn't too long ago that Rove and his fellow neocons were considered right wing nuts. If the tea party considers him too moderate, what does that say about how far to the right they are?

8. AhmedFaisal, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  9. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

^^^
    Isn't TheWitt down in that general direction, or did he migrate to China?

KGB:confused:

10. APlotdevice, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

So much for the post election squabble in the GOP dying down. This is clearly a party in open war with itself.

11. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Rove is a self serving jerk, and thankfully some conservatives realize this and are trying to bury him.

12. AhmedFaisal, Feb 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  13. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

I don't mean to defend Karl Rove, but there are a worse faces in the conservative media. Rush Limbaugh for one.

14. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Unlike Limburger, Rove has (had?) credibility being staff for POTUS.

15. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Had a look through his past posts and as at 28 January 2013, he alluded to being in the Singapore - Malaysian region. Had he been in the mainland China area the likelihood of him being censored has a certain attraction.

KGB:cool:

16. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

speaking of which, where is he?

I haven't seen him in a bit, people around here generally don't just disappear.

17. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Rove is a self serving jerk? What about the rest of them?

18. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

True, anyone in politics is, but Rove is is one of those outstanding examples.