Office 2004 Screenshots

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I know you say "don't ask", but...

Did you make these, or just get them from somewhere else? Could we have one of MSN Messenger if possible, thanks :)

nspeds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Nermal said:
I know you say "don't ask", but...

Did you make these, or just get them from somewhere else? Could we have one of MSN Messenger if possible, thanks :)
Yeah, I made these, I'll post a messenger in a sec...

The reason I didn't was because there is barely any difference!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Well at least the new emoticons are there, I won't get any more silly text things like (pi) that I can't see!

nspeds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Nermal said:
Well at least the new emoticons are there, I won't get any more silly text things like (pi) that I can't see![/QUOTE

Stick to amsn...

Outlook 2004 KICKS ASS LADIES AND GENTS!!! And so does Word Notebook view, it's kinda like OneNote.

Haven't played with Excel or Powerpoint but I'm doing a presentation of Rawles tonight so maybe I'll get to tinker here and there...

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
nspeds said:
Nermal said:
Well at least the new emoticons are there, I won't get any more silly text things like (pi) that I can't see![/QUOTE

Stick to amsn...

Outlook 2004 KICKS ASS LADIES AND GENTS!!! And so does Word Notebook view, it's kinda like OneNote.

Haven't played with Excel or Powerpoint but I'm doing a presentation of Rawles tonight so maybe I'll get to tinker here and there...
Outlook?

Zaty

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2004
Switzerland
nspeds said:
Nermal said:

Stick to amsn...

Actually, OneNote is the only app I'm missing on my PB. It's great a move from the MacBU to integrate OneNote's functionality into Word! I can't wait to get Office 2004 (I qualify for the step-up).

Jays

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2002
Earth
my only question is

Does this version finally support unicod text? (Hebrew)
well doesent really matter Textedit does and opens word doc's very nicely.

nspeds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
Jays said:
Does this version finally support unicod text? (Hebrew)
well doesent really matter Textedit does and opens word doc's very nicely.
Not sure, I'll check it out. I've been really busy so it's taking me time to look at the bells and whistles.

About "outlook 2004", I meant entourage...

nspeds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
RoadKill said:
Any news on Exchange support in Entourage?

My major bug bear is posting to public folders
Exchange support is there, however, since I don't use Exchange, I barely see any difference between the Exchange implementation in Entourage 2004 and Entourage v.X

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
I'm *really* not sure about the transparent formatting palette. That's just weird. I hope that can be turned off.

One of my pet peeves with Office v.X is that the formatting palette doesn't "remember" its state the last time you opened the program. Whenever I launch MS Word, only the "font" tab is visible, but I prefer to have both the "font" and "alignment tabs visible. But even if they fix that, I'm not sure the new version will be worth the upgrade price.

nspeds

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2002
ebow said:
I know it's not a screenshot requestion, but when you save files in Word, Excel, etc. are you allowed to give them names longer than 31 characters? Please say yes! :eek:
Yes!

BTW, You guys are permitted to as questions about it, just don't bug me about how I got it!

In regards to the formatting palette. I actually, like the fade in fade out option, everytime my mouse touches it, it goes back to normal. When it is transparent, the interface feels a lot less clunkier.

I am unaware as to the release date.

If you guys want anymore screens of any more features/stuff in Office 2k4, just reply with what you want!

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Veldek said:
Do you have Virtual PC 7, too? If yes, could you say something about its performance?
Ooooh yes, Please do tell. I am sure there are many of us that are interested.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Nermal said:
Well at least the new emoticons are there, I won't get any more silly text things like (pi) that I can't see!
Yeah, that must have taken them all of 10 minutes to update :rolleyes:
MSN Messenger 4 is an app I'm really disappointed with, I had high hopes for it, that's why I created that thread a few days ago :(

nspeds said:
Don't ask, just look :D
LOL.
There's a clue in your screen-shots.

AppleMatt

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
ebow said:
I know it's not a screenshot requestion, but when you save files in Word, Excel, etc. are you allowed to give them names longer than 31 characters? Please say yes! :eek:
Yea, and can you also save files in names other than in english without it looking messed up?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
What's up with the interface?

I don't understand why Mac OS X looks so different. All the icons have changed; the windows are dark blue (??) and Safari's icon seems lower quality. You weren't using a theme program when you made the screenshots, were you, nspeds?

I like the new features of Office 2004; I haven't yet decided if I want to purchase it or stick with AppleWorks (which came with my iMac).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.