Office 2008 SME Edition - number of included licenses?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shecky, Nov 28, 2008.

1. shecky Guest

shecky

2. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

i would think 3 though, cuz student edition has 3

3. shecky thread starter Guest

shecky

thats what i am trying to figure out - i know that i can get office:2008 home + student edition for $140 with 3 licenses from academicsuperstore.com but i am not sure if the 3 license thing is standard across all office:mac products or just the home+student edition.

i think it is just the home+student edition - which is fine as i don't much care for Expression media as we use Bridge for that sort of thing, but buying from academic superstore is just more of a headache.

4. justind.clark macrumors member

I believe three is standard with most microsoft products. My friend has vista and it included three.

5. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

It's going to be 1 license. Student/Teacher has 3 because they realize that as a student or teacher you will have a laptop and a desktop and possibly something else (not sure why it's 3) but all other versions are 1 license.

6. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

I have Vista Home and it only has 1 license. Microsoft is not know to give anymore than they absolutly have too...

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Home and Student Edition is intended for consumers, and it has three licenses to share within your household.

Standard Edition and Special Media Edition are more for business usage (which is why they include support for Exchange servers and Automator actions, since those are much less likely to be used by consumers), and so they only have one license.

Regards,
    Nadyne.