Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yousefia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
Unfortunately I lost my OSX few days before, Finally I could get a copy of my files and format my hard drive and install new OSX.
After Installing my office for mac 2011. I had used a copy of my Main Identity folder and replace with new one then rebuild my database. Fortunately my Inbox and Sent items received but I had several folders On My Computer which I used to sorting my emails and all of them not recovered. It is very important for me and I don't know how to recover them. Please advise me.

yousefia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
Thank you for your reply.
My OSX is 10.9.2.
Unfortunately I don't have time machine backup.

petvas

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2006
Munich, Germany
Unfortunately I lost my OSX few days before, Finally I could get a copy of my files and format my hard drive and install new OSX.
After Installing my office for mac 2011. I had used a copy of my Main Identity folder and replace with new one then rebuild my database. Fortunately my Inbox and Sent items received but I had several folders On My Computer which I used to sorting my emails and all of them not recovered. It is very important for me and I don't know how to recover them. Please advise me.

If you don't have a backup and if these folders and mails were saved locally only, then I don't think there is anything you can do.

yousefia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2014
I have a back up from all of my files but not by time machine. already i had recovered all inbox and sent items. Problem is I need local folders. Since I have back up of all files it should be a way to find them.

----------

If you don't have a backup and if these folders and mails were saved locally only, then I don't think there is anything you can do.
I have a back up from all of my files but not by time machine. already i had recovered all inbox and sent items. Problem is I need local folders. Since I have back up of all files it should be a way to find them.

----------

Which version of OSX?
I'm assuming that you do not have a Time Machine backup, correct?
Thank you for your reply.
My OSX is 10.9.2.
Unfortunately I don't have time machine backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.