Office for the Macbook

brightongem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Stoke-on-Trent
Hey Peeps!

My trial for Office on my MacBook is nearly over and i am wanting to purchase it properly but im not too sure what one is best!
I've looked on Apple store and there is the standard version with the full suite and the student and teacher version also with the full suite but with a £200 price difference!
Does anyone know what the difference other then the price is???

Please help me! :)

lOUDsCREAMEr

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2006
Safari desert
brightongem said:
Hey Peeps!

My trial for Office on my MacBook is nearly over and i am wanting to purchase it properly but im not too sure what one is best!
I've looked on Apple store and there is the standard version with the full suite and the student and teacher version also with the full suite but with a £200 price difference!
Does anyone know what the difference other then the price is???

Please help me! :)
The sole diff is jus the PRICE.

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I bought my Office:Mac Student Edition in a Apple store and was never asked for any proof.

You can do the same for the Online Store.
All though I have heard stories of them calling and verifying.

brightongem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Stoke-on-Trent
JGruber said:
I bought my Office:Mac Student Edition in a Apple store and was never asked for any proof.

You can do the same for the Online Store.
All though I have heard stories of them calling and verifying.
yer i've seen it in the apple store near me for £75 which is a bargin! but how are you suppose to prove your a student over the phone??? hehe they are silly! but thanks for the advise!

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
lOUDsCREAMEr said:
The sole diff is jus the PRICE.
The other difference is the licence. The student version is allowed to be used on up to three computers. One user must be a student or teacher, and the other two users can be family members.

crees!

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2003
MD/VA/DC
Nermal said:
The other difference is the licence. The student version is allowed to be used on up to three computers. One user must be a student or teacher, and the other two users can be family members.
Yea, but who's counting :D

scanlanlee

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2006
Ireland
It may be worth downloading Open Office until the UB version comes out next year.

I use MS office a lot and it runs like a dog on my Macbook, but i need Excel (company written add-on):mad:

Just my opinion

plinden

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2004
Nermal said:
One more difference is that you can't upgrade the Student edition - if a UB comes out, you'll have to buy it again.

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
lOUDsCREAMEr said:
hey, you may like to check out NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua beta 3 for intel
http://www.neooffice.org/
dang!!! they made it a pretty aqua app, not just OOo OSX that doesn't need X11. sweetness. man, once that becomes stable and they switch all the linux-ish icons to aqua-ish icons, i am switching to intel no matter what m$ is doing:)

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
scanlanlee said:
It may be worth downloading Open Office until the UB version comes out next year.

I use MS office a lot and it runs like a dog on my Macbook, but i need Excel (company written add-on):mad:

Just my opinion
you have stock 512 ram i take it?

office runs just fine for me with 2 gigs of ram...;)