Office of Special Counsel says Kellyanne Conway violated Hatch Act

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Rogifan, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:13 AM.

1. Rogifan macrumors Core

Rogifan

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

The Trump administration is a treasure-trove for finding out laws we didn’t know existed and laws that don’t that probably should.

3. raqball macrumors 68000

Trump could always just use Obama's words to Russia and tell her to knock it off! There, she has been punished....

4. linuxcooldude, Jun 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 9:39 AM

linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

There have been changes since enacted ( Clinton ) that allows federal employees to do more stuff off duty without federal resources. It could just be another attempt against the Trump administration for political fodder.

So interviews and such may not be in violation as long as its not during normal working hours.

https://fedmanagers.org/default.aspx?bid=95

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Why? He's already on record saying he believes Putin over his own intelligence agencies.

6. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

I think Trump keeps her around as a lightning rod for some of the criticism the WH takes. That being said, I think a slap on the wrist is what she'll get. Is it justice though? I'm not so sure, but we all know Conway is a partisan hack anyway so her support to one side of the political spectrum is hardly unexpected.

7. eatrains macrumors 6502