Official Apple leather case - What kind of damage to warrant a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by CasuallyDressed, Aug 26, 2015.

1. CasuallyDressed macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

So my trusty leather case is nearing its first birthday. Its done well. But its looking a little tired and its guts are hanging out a little bit on one corner.

Its a case, and its doing its job, and its still doing its job. Just looks a bit ratty now. Under what circumstances does Apple replace a case?

How my case looks now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I would think the circumstances for replacement would be if the case were defective
    Not due to normal wear from use for a year

That said, Apple has given unreasonable customers more than they deserve in the past

3. CasuallyDressed thread starter macrumors 6502

CasuallyDressed

Oh absolutely, its done a grand job for the year. In fact I don't think I've ever had a case for a whole year before now (usually only lasts a few months before it busts/I get bored of it).

I'm just trying my luck. Looking at getting a 6S and a new (replacement) case to go with it :p

4. iApple_man macrumors regular

iApple_man

5. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have a like new (used maybe 3 days) black leather case for 6s - will sell for half price.

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I think that your case has normal ware on it. I have had one case replaced by Apple because the inner part(soft felt) was coming away from the case. They replaced it on the spot and he also managed to sell me a black leather as well. image.jpg