Official: Iraq gov't missed all targets

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 9, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

AP

can't say i'm surprised by the lack of progress. i'm curious to see how the WH reacts to the collins/nelson bill.

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, here are a few excerpts from another article on the same subject. See if you can recognize the difference in tone:

Yes, we will once again be told by Bush that progress is being made, that "it's tough" and it's going to be slow, and that now is not the time to quit. In short, we'll be asked to lower our expectations again and to simply fork over more money.

This article, like the one zim mentioned, does go on to say that there are likely to be further GOP defections from the war effort, but I fully expect Bush to maintain his robotic stay-the-course-stay-the-course-stay-the-course mode.

I'm more inclined to believe that the heart of darkness is Dick Cheney, and that the reason nobody knows what Bush thinks is that Bush is waiting for Cheney to tell him.

3. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Me neither. People of that region have never failed to underwelm even the lowest expectations.

4. Queso macrumors G4

Take a look at Dubai these days and see if you can say that again.

5. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

It seems Iraq was better off after dad left it alone, Jr., F that one all up. What a Trillion dollars and 4,000 soon dead for? High priced Oil? How many dead Iraqi's 100,000 or 600,000? Vote republican? You got to be nuts. What happened to Bin laden?