Oh good grief! Mayor claims Obama purposely blocked "Peanuts"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

You ready for your holiday jollies? Get a load of this one:

Hey Lucy...I think you have a customer.

[​IMG]

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

I'll give the president a pass on pre-empting Charlie Brown but the jury is still out on the bold claim above...

4. That-Is-Bull macrumors 6502

That-Is-Bull

Why does it even matter?

5. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Because muslim=terrorist, didn't you get the memo?
    :rolleyes:

6. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

Good Grief! First you're deciding who aren't "real" conservatives and who aren't "real" Americans, and now you're deciding who's not a Christian.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This is the question I would love to see answered...

8. nullx86 macrumors 6502a

nullx86

lol, im on the fence on this one, but still... nice timing on the broadcasting...

9. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

The more extreme the xian right gets, the more they think they've co-opted god and are cop, jury, judge and executioner all rolled up in one. The Founding Fathers are surely rolling in their graves.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

No its not. And more importantly..who cares??!?

As an Atheist, who cares? Policy should reflect a clean separation of church and state.

11. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Article six states

12. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

That's way past being an idiot, and deep into paranoid delusions of persecution.

And? Would it matter if he were Hare Krishna, or do you not believe in freedom of religion and separation of church and state?

13. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Well said. Someone needs to slap this mayor upside the head with this and tell him to read it or go back to school. Even the ordinary 8th grader who is learning this understands the Constitution better than this fool of a mayor.

And InTheNet, I suggest you read the Constitution before making such bold (and very stupid) comments like yours above, or better yet, do yourself and us a favour and pull a Johnny Depp: If you don't like it, LEAVE THE COUNTRY, and don't come back until Obama's term(s) is/are over.

But I digress; you must know oh so much better than the Founding Fathers who wrote the very laws that you abide by.

BL.

14. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I have to admit, when I posted this, I didn't think we'd focus on the Muslim part. I thought we'd get maybe six variations of "This guy's an idiot," with a few humorous Peanuts references thrown in. :D

But we're all so serious these days. I agree, Obama's religion makes no difference, though I'm more offended at the way this joker says Obama is Muslim. That's a double-dipper insult: get the President's religion wrong, and imply that there's something wrong with being Muslim.

The article says the mayor is entitled to say anything he wants on his Facebook page...and yeah, he is. But when voters read ridiculous stuff like that, they'll probably vote him out in the next election. In my small town, we also have a mayor given to making petulant, stupid remarks against people, and last month residents voted to give the job to someone else. :)

15. Queso macrumors G4

Or like the rest of us rolling in the aisles. These GOP idiots are getting truly hilarious :D

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Why the need to be "on the fence" this guy is obviously a joker.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Good. We don't need Peppermint Patty and Marcy pushing their radical lesbianism on our children.

Not to mention Snoopy, constantly decorating and re-decorating his dog house and his fetish for the Red Baron.

Don't even get me started with Linus and Schroeder.

19. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

And Pig-Pen . . . dirty heathen!

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'm surprised ReRun from "What's Happening?" didn't sue Schulz for the rights to his name.

BL.

21. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And a costly one at that, especially if litigations get involved.

To an extent, he is entitled to say anything he wants. Keep in mind that the 1st Amendment states that Congress shall pass no law infringing on the right to free speech. That doesn't mean everyone gets carte blanche to say anything they want and expect to get away with it. In this case, this idiot mayor just opened himself up to a good amount of libel suits, should Obama and/or anyone on his behalf decides to sue.

It's one thing to go after someone for who or what he/she is and what they've done; it's something completely different when you spread falsehoods about who or what someone is. And being in a political position himself, this mayor should have known better. I'd suspect that the POTUS' spokesperson may say something about this, but Obama himself will take the high road, leaving the people to know what this idiot has done.

This may be the end of his political career (and deservedly so).

BL.

22. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

23. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Because they are being sore losers from the fact that they got completely pwned in the 2008 elections. They can't handle accepting the reasons they lost, and have to find something/someone to blame.. even if it goes as far as fanaticism.

BL.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

The race was pretty close for having to run after one of our worst presidents in history.