Oh great, now all of a sudden my iPhone won't boot.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike2128, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Mike2128 macrumors 6502

I upgraded to 2.0 and all was working fine all day. Downloaded a bunch of apps, still good. Went out for a couple of hours, downloaded 2 more apps, went smoothly. Came home, plugged it into my computer to sync with iTunes, frozen. Reboot the phone and now it's stuck at the Apple logo. Anytime I plug it in it locks up iTunes. I suppose the timing couldn't be better, right? This just makes me fear for the 3g's stability.

edit: there it goes, came back on after letting it hang for maybe 4 minutes. I'm not liking that. :(

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Mine hung at boot like that once today. I just left it on while I drove home, and all was better by the time I got there. Haven't had that happen again.
    I reckon 2.0.1 will be along within the next couple of weeks. I'm not worried.

3. tompanderson macrumors newbie

3G won't boot

My 3g was stuck booting and I couldn't do anything (I waited hours) except a forced hard reset (hold home and plug in cable to computer while continuing to hold home). The forces a restore. Unfortunately after about 5 hours it stuck again. I'm going to the apple store this afternoon.

4. JoeCo0611 macrumors member

Answer

I had been having trouble with the iPhone locking up after an app store download and it's keyboard suffering from severe lag. What I had found out was that my version of 2.0 was build 5A345. I chose to restore the iPhone through iTunes last night and it downloaded 2.0 build 5A347. This has appeared to fix the lagging keyboard and also ive downloaded twice from the app store and it has yet to freeze