Oh, that's just lovely

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by kobalap, Feb 24, 2017.

1. kobalap macrumors 6502

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. samcraig macrumors P6

I thought Trump didn't want anyone to announce any plans that would tip off the enemy

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

well the source is fake news CNN so........................ :p

5. samcraig macrumors P6

Better check huffpo

6. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

nah, I'll wait for Russia Today to post it, THEN I might believe it, unless they were hacked, then all bets are off :p

we seriously need to leave the M-E.

7. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

8. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

It's how you feed the beast known as the military industrial complex.

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

democrats would say *** you can't just leave******
    republicans would say**** you have to stop them from getting out of hand again***

:(:(

10. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

got to have some excuse for those new nukes trump wants.

11. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Those notes a departing prez leaves for the incoming one, in the desk drawer in the Oval Office? Maybe Obama left Trump a copy of Hillary's foreign policy plans, in case Turmp couldn't think of one.

There were always only going to be two ways to go in Iraq, stay forever or leave it to Iran. Apparently so far we prefer the former.

12. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

He needs a reason to shut down the corporation for public broadcasting. It's such a drain on the military budget after all.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 24, 2017 ---
    I bet that note was the "nuclear codes" now Donald don't use this unless it's a dire emergency. Hey Reince I got the codes let's use them. Hey what's that noise. Donald the blender just turned on.

13. kobalap thread starter macrumors 6502

It's a bizarre concept, quite honestly.

If a cesspool of a house 3 blocks from me is infested with all kinds of rats and cockroaches, I am happy enough to leave it to those who live in and around that house to either fix it or deal with the consequences. The notion of me voluntarily owning the clean up and maintenance of that house, particularly with no compensation, is just flat out lunacy.

I say we leave the middle east and let them all deal with each other.

14. juanm, Feb 24, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

15. jpietrzak8 macrumors 65816

jpietrzak8

Well, those were the only two options after we went in and destroyed the organic governing structure of the country. Saddam was a total creep and truly deserved his fate; but we went in and kicked over the anthill without any clue about how to put another anthill back together again.

So yeah, the only options are (a) run the country as an American colony; or (b) let someone else run the country as a colony of their own state. We've pretty thoroughly destroyed Iraq's ability to defend or even police itself (thus the rise of ISIS). So yeah, it is either us, or Iran (with Russia), who will most likely control the fate of that region.

16. Meister Suspended

Meister

The oil!

#taketheoil

Hell yeah!
    --- Post Merged, Feb 25, 2017 ---
    ^^^ and this

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Don't think blaming Bush is fair. It'd have all collapsed in the Arab spring anyway.

I think the right answer is to let Iraq collapse into three countries. Kurds in the north. Shia in the south and Sunni in the middle.

18. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Meanwhile in the states, we're getting of "really bad dudes."

19. HEK, Feb 25, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

HEK Suspended

HEK

Oh, you mean like it was before the British drew national lines around the three tribes and called it a country.

Since the British Empire collapsed after WWII it must be the United States turn to stick our fingers into middle east and feed the beast. Get our fingers bitten.

Getting involved in middle east is like getting gum in your hair, the more you fuss with it, the worse it gets. Only real solution is to cut it out. Sure it leaves a bald spot, but that will grow back. ISIS, the new boogy man to scare us into spending on military industrial complex.

iSIS, left to it's own is no more stable than any other faction in middle east. Factions that rise and fall devouring each other when left to themselves. ISIS needs the west, the infidals, to be their boogy man. We stop playing that role, and they will find and engage other local victims.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

There's a whole heap of post World War I **** ups.

21. HEK Suspended

HEK

Exactly, but to understand that the public needs factual education in history and geography. And that includes the so-called president. Since our schools don't teach that, more than half the people in US don't know anything about that war, except the US saved Europe......right........see avi picture.

22. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

I don't think blaming Britain is fair. Blaming them supposes that things would be better had they not drawn the map that way, and that's far from certain. From my reading, its theocracy and theocratic interpretations that is the overwhelming cause of conflict

23. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Artificially grouping vastly different peoples under a single flag didn't help.

24. Galacticos macrumors 6502a

Galacticos

As I was trying to suggest, it's not a good situation now, but it could have been worse