Ohio “Open Carry” Laws Could Spell Murder Charges for Cops who Shot Innocent Man

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 3, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://theantimedia.org/ohio-open-c...urder-charges-for-cops-who-shot-innocent-man/

HOPE they get charge with murder.

2. 0007776 Suspended

Sounds like the open carry laws are ridiculous as people shouldn't be walking around with weapons in their hands. But in this situation they likely will do some good if that is what it takes to get a cop that shoots an innocent person charged.

3. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Open carry is almost irrelevant for this case. The fact that he was not a threat is the reason why the police should be charged with murder.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/09/...video-from-walmart-shooting-trust-the-system/

4. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Minor nit, but open carry laws don't mean people walk around with the weapon in their hands. They generally holster the gun in a place where it is visible, but the gun is still holstered.

5. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

6. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

The first sentences of the article.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!:confused: Sure you could take someone's eye out with it, but...seriously?! Cops today would have gunned me down in my youth for playing with my Red Ryder (with pump action). I don't like guns, but I did (still do from time to time) enjoy knocking over aluminum cans with my BB gun.

7. Michael Goff macrumors G5

Michael Goff

Red Ryder? And you didn't shoot your eye out? :O

8. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

I shot my brother between the eyes once. Why we kids were allowed even BB guns in a city park is beyond me. Parents were pretty oblivious back then.

My theory is that most families had more than one kid. If one died, there was another in the wings. Today, singletons are the norm and are treasured accordingly.

9. tunerX Suspended

tunerX

Walking around with a weapon in your hands is not even considered brandishing. Pretty much any person exercising their right to open carry will not even touch their weapons much less brandish them. There is a big difference between open carry, handling, and brandishing.