Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrX8503

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Can anyone recommend an oil to apply on the lugs? I noticed that there's a bit of friction when sliding the lugs on/off. Also when I haven't removed my band in a while, I noticed that there's some micro stainless steel dust that's accumulated due to friction.

I figured rubbing some oil on the lugs will reduce friction between metal on metal contact.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Use water then dry after. Oil is excessive and you really don't want it everywhere

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Can anyone recommend an oil to apply on the lugs? I noticed that there's a bit of friction when sliding the lugs on/off. Also when I haven't removed my band in a while, I noticed that there's some micro stainless steel dust that's accumulated due to friction.

I figured rubbing some oil on the lugs will reduce friction between metal on metal contact.

Is this a third-party band or an Apple OEM band?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Apple OEM band. Milanese loop

I don't have any recommendation for any specific oil, as if you were to use oil on the lugs, I would use a very minimal amount, if any.

However, being that you're experiencing friction with the lugs on an Apple OEM band, perhaps you could take it to an Apple store and have them look at it. Apple might replace it for you if you're having issues with the lugs not seated properly or causing friction. Most Apple OEM bands I have experience with, don't have any friction at all and should slide in relatively easily. It's typically third-party bands that will give you the issues, hence why I asked.

My suggestion would be to bring it to an Apple store if applicable and have them assess the band for a possible replacement. Which, they might do or make an exception in your case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.