OK do i upgrade to 3.0 when i am on tmobile.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SMkdesigns, Jun 20, 2009.

1. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

My phone has been pwned many times. I am using a gevey plus two sim card and its been perfect for the passed 5 month or more.

What is my next step, what course of action can i take a this point to have tmobile service and 3.0 firmware..

thanks guys

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. andr nimm macrumors newbie

4. navigates macrumors 6502a

Why are you misleading? With 3.0 THERE IS NO UNLOCK yet. If you update tmobile (usa) won't work. as mentioned follow the blog

5. Aznmidgetboy macrumors newbie

and navigators why are YOU being misleading when it says that redsnow can jailbreak and unlock right on the dev teams blog? im messing with my 2g iphone on t-mobile as we speak

6. andr nimm macrumors newbie

not misleading!

I'm writing this from a 2G iPhone, t-mobile, 3.0

7. navigates macrumors 6502a

Guys.. Facts are. with iPhone 3g there is no CURRENT UNLOCK on the dev teams blog. Not that I know of.

Quote from the blog:
    GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.

8. Aznmidgetboy macrumors newbie

ahhhh sorry navigates i failed to realize OP had a 3g iphone : |

9. techage14 macrumors regular

techage14

it's okay, SMkdesigns. I'm on the same boat with you. I have a TurboSim and waiting for ultransn0w. I suggest waiting until the soft-unlock is out and then you can ditch your simcard unlocker. My iPhone 3G and I are waiting patiently.:rolleyes:

10. andr nimm macrumors newbie

oops

I, too, failed to notice that our comrade had a 3G phone. Apologies.