Ok I am about to do a tiger to snow leopord upgrade

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Big-Viscera, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Big-Viscera macrumors newbie

I am doing a backup as we speak. But I am mildly terrified. I have never done this before. Anyone else that has done this, have you had any problems? Trouble? Disasters in any way? What I am worried about most is my macbook becoming super slow.

I have the disc in hand ready to go after my back up. But am still scared. Can anyone who has done it offer any advice or anything?

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

No, it's easy. Very easy, almost insulting easy.

3. Big-Viscera thread starter macrumors newbie

But the results should be fine? I am not going to have a computer running at a snails pace or anything? My mac is pretty zippy (sure its slowed down a bit with age) but it still works wonders.

4. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Why are you even asking? Go read the forums for the past month. Snow Leopard has major stability and performance problems. Do not upgrade now.

Wait until Apple releases a few updates that "improve compatibility, stability and performance."

5. Kat King123 macrumors regular

Kat King123

ive never had any problems...updated from day one:eek:

6. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

me neither.. im also getting the impression that its a darn site better upgrade than tiger was to leopard.. I didnt have leopard at the start of its lifespan, i joined the party half way through.. but i didnt have any issues then neither.. if you choose the programs carefully, dont install any random programs that you dont neccesarily need.. i took the opportunity to clean up my HD, its alot smoother now as well in general operation. :)

PTP

7. Aumakua macrumors newbie

SL upgrade

Super slow won't happen and is the least of your problems going to Snow Leopard. A lot of issues with displays and video performance. And yes, the forums have great info. Just do a search. This is better than phone support.

8. Big-Viscera thread starter macrumors newbie

Another thing. My friend was going to upgrade from tiger to SL. But he only wanted to do the sneaky and just get the $29 disc because he has never been fused about ripping apple off. But wanted to know if he can still get the security updates and everything as normal if he does that.

9. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Tell him the security updates are delivered by the software police, who will demand a $169 "protection fee" so he should just buy the box set.

10. Big-Viscera thread starter macrumors newbie

it wont stop him it never does, there is no problem with the update right?

11. fishmoose macrumors 68000

There's no code in Snow Leopard to determine if you have Tiger or Leopard. You are expected to play by the rules but Apple don't check for foul play. In other words the 29 dolar upgrade us no different from the more expensive one.