ok, i need your advise regarding my IP4s screen.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llbaronll, Dec 12, 2011.

1. llbaronll macrumors member

hi .

i need your advise. i am still under warranty so i can return it if you guys think i should.

i have this nice iphone 4s screen. nice blue hue, no dead pixels. no weird lines on the screen that you can notice on dark gray backgrounds. no screen leak or anything.

however, my screen is a little bit dimmer from the top. around like 3 to 5% of the screen from the top is a little bit dimmer.

i know there is a thread about this with some people complaining of this issue. " i even responded in that threat saying i am one of them and i figured most people have this issue.

my question is, should i return it for another iphone 4s ? to be honest i am afraid of returning it and getting into another problems .

the dimmer part isnt really very noticeable till you focus on it on a white background. and only when the brightness is like 25%. " thats where i usually keep it "

what do you guys advise

2. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Will this show if you do a screenshot and post an image?

I'd exchange it 'till your satisfied with what you get, otherwise, you'll loose sleep.

3. PaulyD macrumors 6502

He would need to take a picture of his phone with another camera, the issue is with uneven backlighting causing the problem

4. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Oh Sorry, it's like 230am. I should get some sleep. Yeah, take a picture so that we can see. I'll check on this when I get up at 2pm.

5. llbaronll thread starter macrumors member

i tried that and its not really very clear when with the camera i am using. i will try to get better pics later.

6. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

I get a little uneven lighting at the very top edge of my screen, but nothing distracting or problematical in normal use.

7. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If it that "slight" of a problem, do you REALLY want to risk getting yellow hue screen with line and dead pixels all of the screen?

Do you really?:eek:

8. DroidRules macrumors 65816

I advise you to man up and make simple life decisions on your own. How are we to know what YOU want to do with your phone. IF you don't like it take it back and see if they'll replace it. IF you do like it keep it and go on with your life. It's a phone, no a major organ.

9. llbaronll thread starter macrumors member

funny how you ask me to a man up because i wanted to ask my fellow friends what do they think.

this forum is about sharing ideas and thoughts.

don't tell someone to man up and you don't even know me. piss off.

----------

that is what i am honestly worried about the most. yellow screen, dead pixels... screen light leak... prrrrrr

----------

exactly the same. i mean i really hardly notice it . but for example if i am going to play a game. and the logo of the company comes with a white background, i will be able to notice it.

its just kinda annoying

10. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

i cant almost guarantee you you'll get a worse screen if you exchange. i wouldnt bother. besides, you have plenty of time left under warranty to swap later on.

11. DroidRules macrumors 65816

LoL.... good luck.

Attached Files: