Ok I really need someone's advice who knows about this stuff, please

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Here's the situation:

-I am with Virgin Mobile. I have a contract- started 3 months ago.
    -I have an early upgrade fee of $50.00 that should technically be $450.00
    -It is a glitch in the system and the supervisor told me to take advantage of it.
    -They do not know when it will change.

My question:

Should I..

1) Keep my best buy reservation, get the $50 off promotion, and buy the iPhone 5s when it comes in, go on contract and be happy?

2) Go and buy the phone right away at Virgin Mobile store, go on contract and be on the reserve list?

-By choosing option 1, I run the risk of losing the discounted upgrade fee (glitch)

-If I go with option 2, I don't have to worry and I am secure. But no $50 discount.

Need to know what the best plan of action would be. What would you do? Thanks to whomever responds.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I say go for option 1. If you pulled off saving $450 it would be an exhilarating feeling :D

p.s. I assume you mean Virgin Mobile Canada correct?

3. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Yup, Virgin Canada. But what if they upgrade fee changes? LOL
    You think maybe it won't change in a week?

4. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Can you do both? By that I mean Option 1, see if you avoid the $450 early upgrade fee, and if you don't then just return it to a Virgin Mobile store and go with Option 2 to save the $50? I'm just assuming right here but ordering through Virgin wouldn't kill your Best Buy reservation would it?

5. herekittykitty macrumors newbie

I would play it safe and do option 2.

You'll for sure save $400. With option 1, you might save $450, or you might pay $400 instead ($450 upgrade price - $50 promo).

6. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Hmmm I'm not sure...If I go with Virgin, I would pay the $329.99 and have the $50 go on my next bill. I will call them and ask them if I can get a refund, I don't see why not though. Wow I never thought of it this way LOL. Such a simple response. Thank you :) Edit: The downside to that would be, if Virgin gets it first, do I have enough will power to return it? lol

----------

You bring up a valid point. I was definitely thinking about just going with Virgin just in case. The cons outweigh the pros in this scenario.

Look at what user-name-here posted above. Could I do that?

7. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Always happy to lend an ear Krissypantz, really hope option 1 works out for you :)

8. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

:) Thanks I will let you know of the turn out.