Ok..I upgraded to QT pro and here's what I did with it

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pandaboots, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Pandaboots macrumors regular

Pandaboots

So anyway, I bit the bullet and upgraded to QT Pro for a present for myself. Aside form now being able to save QT movies and trailers, here's a cool use I found for it. I went to jib jab to make those funny cards where you put your face etc in them. Then I utilized my trial version (of which I will be purchasing because it's an awesome program too) of Snapz Pro X to record my screen of the flash movie as it played in my browser. After making about 6 or so of these 1 minute recordings, I simply opened up one of the jib jab movies I created and then just dragged the rest into the QT movie browser to make a series of little movies, I used the simple edit feature of QT Pro to trim each section (or clean them up a bit) and then saved the whole thing as a new movie...imported to iDVD, burned a disc and the family was laughing in no time. Quality was awesome on the tv. Anyone using QT Pro, please post some cool uses you've discovered too.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

The main thing I use Pro for is stitching together multiple files into one. When I ripped movies on Windows, I would get 2 700MB files instead of 1 1.4GB file. So I have been recombining them.

Also, with Perian installed, you get really nice subtitles playback (if you have the srt file of course). Then, you resave that AVI as a MOV and you have the subtitles slipped into the container.