Ok, New Iphone Probable Soon, but why is everyone so POSITIVE they are getting it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nostresshere, Aug 28, 2012.

1. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Hey, I like the newest and latest cool gadget. Why not?

But, why are there so many people that are dying to buy something that we are not even positive about? What is so bad about their 4 or 4s? Or some of my family members that still have a "3" and doing just fine?

It just baffles me how many MUST HAVE this new phone since their old one is so, well, OLD!

Most will have to pay at least $200 to get the new one. Some are ready to pay $400 or even $800 to get this new thingie. Just amazing.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Some of us like to upgrade yearly and actually make money doing so (at least back then when at&t allowed us to do the full upgrade every 12 months). We sell the old one jailbroken and unlocked for over $400.

3. irDigital0l Guest

I'm not.

Rather safe it up and get a macbook air.

Plus...there's nothing wrong with my iPhone 4.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yup, amazing that we were able to ebay one-year-old 32GB iPhones for $450+ (jailbroken and unlocked) and get the newest 32GB for $299 plus tax for the past few years.

5. jj47 macrumors regular

I do think it's crazy those that update every year but i think the only exceptions would be if you have a free upgrade or you can sell your previous phone off to cover the full or near enough full cost of the new phone.

Still, if people have the money anyway then who am I to say what they should do with it. I still thinks it's absolutely crazy though.

Reason I want to upgrade? I'm still on my original iPhone and it's lost it's ability to text so I'm pretty much forced to get a new phone.

6. Kelly682 macrumors regular

I'm going to get the new iPhone. Why? Because I have a 2 year old droid that is possessed. I want a phone that works and will sync with my new iPad. My contract is up and I'm just waiting, very patiently. I don't upgrade every year. I find that a little ridiculous myself. Everyone has their own reasons for getting or not getting the new iPhone. For me, it's almost out of necessity.

I just need my droid to hang one for one more month...

7. drkryn macrumors member

Why do you care so much about what others do with their money? Just because you cant't afford to doesn't make it silly for people to upgrade yearly.

8. fenskezen macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted

I dropped my iPhone 4... It makes no sounds any more. This happened in May and I have bee text only for wayyy too long.

9. jj47 macrumors regular

There is no indication from his post that he cannot afford it.

I think it's pretty ridiculous as well to upgrade yearly without the reasons I said above and just to let you know, I could afford to if I wanted ;)

10. Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

i wont be getting it.

i am very pleased with my phone right now (4S) and dont think the new one will offer any additional features that are a *must* have for me right now.

11. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

This. I've actually made money on my 3G 3GS & my 4...my iPhone 4 was 18 months old, 32GB...sold on Craigslist within minutes of posting it for $350--$51 more than I paid for it. Kind of a no brainer for me. If AT&T does eliminate my immediate upgrade I'd not be so quick to pull the trigger. However, considering I've essentially enjoyed a 'free' upgrade each release, I've no need to change carriers so it's been an easy decision...and each iteration has been a very nice upgrade...the 4S is the best all around phone, computer, camera, and gadget I've ever owned!

12. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Sadly, we likely already know what the new iPhone will entail and it's depressing.

- 100 additional pixels. Big deal...

- LTE that isn't even available to most of us.

Oh, but it has aluminum on the back! Wowie!

SMH...

13. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So LTE on Verizon is scarce????

14. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Different people are going to have different reasons for upgrading. In my case, the home button on my 4 is starting to go flaky and it's time for an upgrade - for others, there will be other reason. Some people buy every generation, others skip one two or 3 generations - others wait till the phone is falling apart and then upgrade. What does it matter? It's no skin off my nose if someone buys a new phone every day.

15. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

All you KNOW are rumors.

16. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

i upgrade every year. used to make a profit doing it. this year ill prob lose a few hundred since att sucks but still worth it.

17. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Yep, same as last year before the 4S was released and sadly we were all right.

The fact is, the production of the iPhone is so huge these days that's it's impossible to prevent actual leaks.

Feel free to bookmark the thread and tell me off on Sept. 12 if the rumors turns out to be significantly off.

18. JerseyDoug macrumors regular

My money. I do what I want. I want lte and it is available to me.

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Because some people can afford it and they buy whatever they want to buy.
    Is it that hard or amazing to understand?

20. BacklitFirefly macrumors 6502

The only way I will get it is if it is WAY different than the iPhone 4S. I upgraded from iPhone 4 to 4S (yes, after waiting a respectable 6 months) and have yet to figure out why. I'm not doing anything like that again.

I had the Samsung Galaxy Note until about two weeks ago, but switched back to my iPhone 4S because it just syncs with all my other things better. I preferred the Samsung's larger screen.

21. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I find it interesting all of the people who downplay the expected LTE as insignificant

But who would point to the lack of LTE as a glaring omission if it didn't have it

22. harcosparky macrumors 68020

I'll look at the iPhone 5, as my iPhone 4 has been giving me lots of trouble.

If I am not convinced the iPhone 5 is a better design internally than the iPhone 4 I may abandon the iPhone altogether.

To say you are going to buy it day one, without really know how it will be is just well ..... silly!

I'll admit i already have my eye on another phone .... I am tired of hauling around a " Text Only " iPhone 4 that was never abused or misused! ;)

23. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

I buy and sell phones like its candy :) ... 1 year is too long for me ...
    some people just have hobbies ....

Some do with cars
    some with music
    some with girls :)D)
    some with travel
    some with ...

I think you get the point :)

Btw ... Here's list of phones which I have owned this year (no particular order) - iPhone 4S, HTC One X, Galaxy S3, Xperia S, Galaxy Note, LG Optimus 4x HD, Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation XE and maybe 1 or 2 more I forgot :p

24. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Because I earn my own money and can do what ever I damn well want to do with it.