Ok..Opinion question on to buy the new MacBook or not

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by howie78, Oct 15, 2008.

1. howie78 macrumors newbie

Ok...I was let down by the recent macbook refresh. I actually like the look but over I feel its not much of a update. Basically better graphics, glass multi-touch track pad, glass back-lite display (actually kind of down grade depending on who talk to, I liked the matte myself), and well design changes but thats roughly it. The other stuff is cosmetic. I really love OSX but 1299 is alot more than I can pay right now for it plus the educational discount went to only $50 bucks which is another horrible hangover from the refresh. My question is do you all think its worth waiting a while to save the extra cash to purchase the macbook or just purchase the white older macbook that is still for sale? Just still feel Jobs let me rather confused and bewildered as to why this was even keynote worthy. I mean its as if the art/design department has diluted his mind with visions of just build a pretty machine but no need to put it on par hardware wise with any other competitors and yes I know OSX is the primary reason for buying a mac not hardware. I am not entertaining Vista I have tried it and just like OSX better but when you get a laptop for half the price almost with blu-ray, better graphics and larger hard-drive just makes me wonder are they stuck in some kind techno bubble where they isolate themselves.

Just strange...still love mac though.
    Yes opinions welcome!

2. tehFish macrumors newbie

If you don't like the new one Apple still has plenty of the old ones for sale on the website under clearance. I'm also sure you'll see an overload on craigslist with macbooks.. You can still get a good deal on a good prev gen macbook.