Ok questions on protecting my MBP. i dont want to matte my glossy display!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mmbo, Aug 27, 2009.

1. mmbo macrumors newbie

What exactly is the material on the glossy display my brand new 13" MBP?

I definitely need a good screen protector because I have an iskin keyboard protector and when I close the lid, it smudges the screen. I am afraid that it will trap dust and whatever and scratch the screen when i travel!

Any good screen protectors that won't dull or matte the screen? I LOVE the glossyness but I'd rather not have it scratched up. I love the crystal film by power support on my iphone because it keeps the brightness but they dont make it for the MBP unibody 13" unfortunately. I've checked out shaggymac but i dont know how well that works.

Also, anybody familiar with trackpad protectors? I have the palmguard from Moshi. Is the trackpad really necessary? Does it wear down over time?
    Thanks in advance!

2. emcham macrumors member

i personally would remove the protectors, be gentle with your laptop, and enjoy it. go au naturel!

3. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

your display has a sheet of glass on it that is why it is so glossy.

as far as worrying about dust getting on the keyboard and scratching it, i would not worry about that. glass does not scratch as easy as plastic, and i had my uMB from october to june with no protection and never got one scratch.

as for the rest. sometimes i think people think that the macbook is so gorgeous to look at (which it is). but they are so worried about keeping it pretty that they go overboard on protecting it that they cover up all the beauty that is there. so what is the point in preserving the beauty if you never have a chance to appreciate it.

dont put a cover on you trackpad. one of the features of this machine is the trackpad texture. if you put a protector on it they may as well have made it out of plastic.

why buy a car if you are so afraid of getting a dent that you never take it out of the garage.