Ok so I have PdaNet 3 and the 2GB Verizon tethering plan and...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SuperSayian, Aug 25, 2011.

1. SuperSayian macrumors newbie

so far no data usage has appeared on my account. It looks like the Level 1 and Level 2 hide options really work. Its not been that long yet but I will keep everyone updated. Oh and I was using Level 1 as my stealth setting. The only thing I can say is that PdaNet is a bit slower that MiWi but hey its worth the tethering.

SS

2. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

So does this mean you'll be dropping the tethering plan now?

3. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

4. SuperSayian thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes I will be dropping the tethering plan at the end of the month. The reason I added the option in the first place was to see if PdaNets stealth programs worked or not. I don't want to lose my unlimited data on my iPhone because I'm tethering without a plan for it.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

I don't think Verizon has been forcing people of unlimited for tethering without a plan? Isn't it only AT&T? If you are in the top 5% of data users you will be throttled though apparently.

6. iFiend macrumors 65816

As far as I know you've already lost your unlimited plan when you signed up for a tethering plan :rolleyes:

7. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Sounds like you know very little.

8. French macrumors regular

To give a bit more of a helpful response than Kyotoma, for those of us with unlimited data you can add tethering as an option for $20/2 gigs. You can also remove it for months you don't need it.

For those with tiered plans, tethering is included at no extra charge (so you can use that tiered data however you see fit).

9. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

Man I need to switch to Verizon. It's criminal that AT&T charges extra for tethering on tiered plans.

10. SuperSayian thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Yes I will be dropping the tethering plan at the end of the month. The reason I added the option in the first place was to see if PdaNets stealth programs worked or not. I don't want to lose my unlimited data on my iPhone because I'm tethering without a plan for it.

11. SuperSayian thread starter macrumors newbie

No I made sure that my unlimited plan was separate from the tethering plan. As far as the throttling and just plain being cut off, better safe than sorry.