ok so I loaded Atv Flash, now what can I watch for free?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by flanamac, Nov 3, 2009.

1. flanamac macrumors 6502

Anyone?

We are only interested in some shows like So You Think You Can Dance? and some CSI shows.

Thanks.

2. daflake macrumors 6502a

Nothing is for free other than some items on Jaman. That being said, that was not the point of the ATVFlash. What it does let you do is watch movies that were ripped using formats other than Apple. It also lets you use an external HD for storage and surf the web. If you want to watch those shows you will have to buy them or tune into the channel on your TV.

3. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

You can watch shows and such via Jaman, you'll have to browse to see if there is anything of interest. You can also watch Hulu via Boxee. Again, you will have to browse to see if there is anything of interest to you.

4. daflake macrumors 6502a

I doubt Hulu will be free much longer sadly and I have noticed that there is not much in the way of new stuff (full shows) out there especially the ones that he listed. I think that OP thought that he would be able to use it like a cable box.

5. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Probably true. I use XBMC, the external USB drive and Sapphire the most. Never bothered to surf the web or any such thing.

6. flanamac thread starter macrumors 6502

????

Well, I figure I will surf the net a bit and find how people are watching their shows for free. Albeit they may not be "live," but a day or two delayed is not biggy. That was what I meant by what is free. I completely understand that it would be rare to find TV streaming live at no charge.

7. daflake macrumors 6502a

Hulu is the biggie right now but even then the content is not all that great. I have noticed that some broadcasters (ABC) are airing a full show one week and then the next they are just showing a recap. So, you might find it hard to watch the entire series on-line.

8. rbucnis macrumors newbie

ATV Flash.... Is there Better????

ATV Flash.... Is there Better???? Who are their competitors ?

9. LinMac macrumors 65816

Try Boxee

10. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Boxee is in aTV Flash as is XBMC, Sapphire, etc. Each has their purpose and does different things.