Ok so nOw my Iphone 3g 16gig still wont turn on. Somebody Please Help me!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chuckj24, Jan 11, 2009.

1. chuckj24 macrumors newbie

ok so now my 16g is sitting in my glove department. im patiently waiting to see if it will just magically appear loaded and ready to use. so for the past day it has been just on the loading screen wen u first turn it on....like i said i can still reset it but thats it. please somebody help a brotha out :D

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you can't get it to boot past the apple logo, you should either put the phone in dfu mode or recovery mode and perform a restore. That should solve the problem.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Hold Home Button and Sleep/Wake Button down at the same time until it reboots with the silver Apple Logo doing its thing. Just remember to keep holding both buttons down until the silver Apple Logo appears "on its own" don't slide the unlock slider, just wait for the silver Apple to appear, then let go and you've just done a "hardboot" and if that doesn't work then put the iPhone into DFU mode and restore. A trip to the Apple Store may be next, or call AppleCare before you go to the Apple Store...

4. chuckj24 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok thanks so how exactly do i put it in dfu mode because when i do hook up itunes my phone wont even show up on their

5. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209