Ok, So you have an hour to go yet only 5% Battery life. . .

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by braddick, Jul 22, 2009.

1. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

No charger. Anywhere. I have about an hour commute on a train in front of me yet only about a 5% battery life left on my iPhone.

Can't watch a video (been watching, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" and, "Brotherhood" lately...) obviously, and don't know if there is enough juice to even listen to music during that time.

Anyone have experience with the last 5% of their battery life? Will it last a bit longer than I suspect? Take into consideration my phone really has no battery issues and is running 'normal' (well, as normal as normal can be with these things).

I remember months ago reading as I was lurking on these forums someone stating the last 10% of battery life lasts longer than the first 10% goes.

(Fingers crossed.)

2. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

get off the internet!!

turn the screen brightness way down, listen to music and pray. Youll get 15-20 minutes IF you're lucky

3. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

get off the the internet turn EVERYTHING off 3g wifi bluetoothe auto brightness if u can airplane mode on and listen to music u may get 30 -45 with airplane mode on

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Just shut it off, and wait until you get home.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yep, might as well turn it off. Turn it on to make a call or do something quick, but turn it right back off.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Airplane Mode will get you much more juice than anything else. Let us know how it ended....:eek::eek::eek:

7. MACoconut macrumors regular

Get a battery pack if you need the extra juice.

8. pablo7 macrumors 6502

Turn it off and stop whinning and drink the koolaid :apple: per steve j.

9. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Whenever my 3G is at 5%, I always turn it off for around 5 minutes and turn it back on. It mysteriously goes back up to 7% to 12%. What I do with that spare battery is that I go on Airplane Mode, lower the brightness all the way down, and make sure I don't use it unless it's an emergency.