OK, this is weird, why is every one complaining about the headphone jack, Mine works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCantwait, Dec 25, 2007.

1. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

yeah, mine works fine with normal iPod earbuds, with no sound coming out of the speaker in the phone. could this be it? that icon of the phone? i;m stumped, got me iPhone today, unlocked in OZ

Attached Files:

2. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

3. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

ok, been looking round AND I HAVE NO IDEA, WTF is the issue with the iphone headset jack????? bloody hell, fill me in

4. ZenErik macrumors 6502

I was at the Apple store when someone with this "problem" was getting it "fixed". All that happened was there were small metal shavings in the headphone jack that needed to be blown out. I'm sure the is the problem for a lot of people. Easy fix.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

6. ZenErik macrumors 6502

7. JonasLondon macrumors regular

8. Mernak macrumors 6502

Actually I just tested this out, and even though the headphone jack is recessed the iPod headphones work (which I did not know), however the recessed headphone jack makes some other headphone jacks (ones with a larger base) not able to fit properly.

9. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Whoa, you can hook the iPhone up to a TTY and make calls with one?

Can you receive calls with a TTY too?

10. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

11. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

12. makasin macrumors member

well who cares about the regular earbuds if they come with the unit. Thats not really the issue here. The issue is that you cant use ANY other type of headphone besides the horrible-sounding earbuds

13. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

a) the headphones aren't as bad as they used to be (think iPod)

b) with a stanley knife you can modify any set of headphones, although that's undesirable.

Apple want full functionality. i.e. if you get a call, you answer with your headphones rather than pull out headphones and speak like a 'normal' phone.

14. makasin macrumors member

I havent really noticed a positive increase in sound quality from previous ipods. And they always sucked. They dont put out anything under 50hz and sound tinny and lifeless. I have a $300 pair of sennheisers that id like to use but I cant because of the retarded and unnecessary implementation of the 3.5mm jack

15. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

ok, i now know the problem, you just cant fit any other earbuds other than iPod/iPhone, but what i thought was the issue was the first time i plugged iPod earbuds in the sound also came out of the speakers while using the iPod function. so yeah all good, i like the recess, makes the phone more streamline