OK, those of you using RMBPs, who can't look at a reg. laptop screen now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I had this realization this A.M. using my early 2011 13" MBP this A.M. after playing with my RMBP yesterday (still have not completely set it up for work use). It was painful to look at the 13"s display -- and I never had any complaints before. I loved my 13", but now the bloom is off the rose. It was like I developed x-ray eyes and could see every last pixel on every letter on the 13"s screen. Anyone else experience this after using their RMBP?

2. aoaaron macrumors 6502

The 13'' display I always found difficult to look at due to the large text... and the resolution of the 13'', although suitable for its size, its pretty low this day in age. Thats just in terms of text, icons, real estate etc.

I think comparing it to the 1920 / 1680 resolutions available on old 15'', 17'' models might prove a little different.

3. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, no, I'm just talking about the quality (sharpness and smoothness) of the text. I used 13" as an example, but could be any non-Retina screen AFAIC.

4. aoaaron macrumors 6502

ic.

idk, i sit pretty far away from my 15''.. i feel like the high res screen already had pretty decent pixel density for me to not have my world turned upside down by looking a higher res screen.

what i mean is like the jump from ipad 2 to ipad 3 for me was massive comparing the screen because the ipad 1/2 resolutions were simply put ****.

i feel the new mbp 15'''s resolution is improving on something which was already very very adequete if you're talking about monitors already in HD but 17'' screen size or under (atleast for normal tasks).

5. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

it's more than the resolution though...it has that same "look" that the new ipad does (though without the ipad 2 to new ipad jump). Provided I use a TB display most of the time and the difference from the 13" LG screen is huge, the regular 15pro in the BB store had a 900p display so the difference was enormous at least to me.