ok, time to start speculating the 2014 iPhone. (iPhone 6)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aPple nErd, Aug 22, 2013.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok, so with the 5s just around the corner, lets start to speculate the iPhone 6. not trolling here, just wanting to start a legit thread for users to post features they think it will have, or what people want. (non software wise)

personally i think and hope it will have a curved back like the 3g/3gs.

i would like at least 32gb as standard, and i don't like the circle volume buttons. the 3g/3gs or iPod touch rockers are nicer IMO.

a wider screen would be nicer. 4:3 was a perfect aspect ratio. I'm hoping for a 20mp rear camera, and 5mp front. stereo speakers would be nice, and i would personally like the headphone jack moved back up top, and the volume rockers and mute switch to be on the right side again.

also some chrome would be nice :D

2. cameljockey, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. Virginaustralia macrumors regular

Why the hell are you doing this, the 5S hasnt been announced

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I think we would have to know what's in the 5S first before we can speculate about what we could see in the iPhone 6.

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Yes, but in less than a month there is gonna be a rumor thread like this anyways, and its a 5s. No major design changes.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Frankly, I've moved on. I don't even want the rumoured iWatch. The only thing am looking forward to from Apple is the Apple TV. And you Cupertino people better make it game-changing and vow the sock off me!

7. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

My prediction:

4.3" display. Beyond 4.3", the size of the display begins to exact a substantial penalty on the time needed to complete tasks, at least for someone with average hand size. This was from a study linked off Ars Technica.

I believe that the device will be similar in size to the iPhone 5, but with slimmer framing all around.

8. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

So you want a 3gs with a bigger screen? got it . Revolutionary!!!

9. swish2351 macrumors 6502

Please don't do this, please? The 5S isn't even out yet...

This is like those news channels talking about the 2016 presidential race a few weeks after Obama was re-elected

10. g0odfr1end102 macrumors 6502

g0odfr1end102

11. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

Well, the 3gs imo was the best looking iphone yet. I liked the thickness, and the curved back. Also plastic is alot more durable than aluminum and glass.

And, why did you move on?

12. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Yes but that's their bread and butter, it's how they earn money. This, is just ridiculous.

13. animatedude macrumors 65816

14. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

multiple screen sizes. I can see it now. right in a row. Small iPhone large iPhone ipad Mini regular ipad right in a row in one ad.

15. Mrbobb, Aug 22, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013

Mrbobb macrumors 601

To me, the 4/s was the pinnacle of the iPhone design (look and aesthetic). I feel future iPhone releases are going to be incremental improvement only, not expecting any sock-off game-changer.

Did anybody watch the Larry-Ellison/Charlie Rose interview? At one point Larry goes, "OK, I will say it in public, Steve Jobs is irreplaceable." Rose counters: but Jonny Ive... Ellison: But he needs an editor, Jobs. That makes me remember when they were designing the iMac G4 "sunflower." Ive brought the design to Jobs' house and he didn't like it, Jobs pointed at a sunflower and said, THERE, that's how it should be, u pull the petals to you in one fluid motion or something to that, and Ive realized Jobs was right and modified his design.

Now if anybody thinks Ellison is saying, us founders CEO are irreplaceable, at one point Rose asked about Oracle, and Ellison says a few of his co-CEO can take over his job. You have to watch the whole hour, not just the clips.

And of course as we all know, Cook is no designer, he's an operation guru that will run the "business" smooth and makes Apple money, as long as Ive and team can pull it off.

Sorry to be a downer.

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

17. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

I just hope it's bold, and ambitious.

I have no desire to see something incremental. I want monumental.

18. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

19. corduroygt macrumors regular

Anything less than 5" screen and they might as well not release it.

20. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

21. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Anything over 4.3 inch and its not going to happen. :D Apple is not that stupid to have a phone that cannot be handled with one hand. Place your bets

22. Motherload0211 macrumors member

Hit it on the head Retired Cat....a 4.3 inch screen next time around. But, once again some fanatics will cry about not having a 4.5 and others not having a 4.7 and still others want a 5 inch screen. It will not stop and Apple will ignore them and give everyone a 4.3 screen. Hopefully :D Apple ignored them when the iphone 5 came out without having the huge screens, just a small increase..

23. SenseiPhone macrumors regular

such pictures been released before i5, I believe.

24. chumawumba macrumors 6502

chumawumba

25. tazuki macrumors newbie

2x. just WOW!