Ok, where does it end? It seems like a farce to even vote now...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by blackfox, Oct 11, 2016.

1. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Frankly, there's so much to choose from, I have trouble even framing an argument. I choose this as a starting point:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-republican-feud-campaign-trail-229652

I can't even begin to unpack this stuff. Trumps' problems are well-known. He's a narcissist, he's an idiot (both politically and in business), he is thin-skinned. He is shrewd, however...he has managed to make himself the poster-boy for the anti-status-quo, anti-government bureaucracy movement, which appeals to many, but (a) he's hardly the perfect choice, and (b) since when has government bureaucracy been bad? Not exciting...sure. Part of a global cabal to bring down America? Hardly. Even so, it's hardly at Obama's feet, or Hillarys'. It is just great marketing.

It's great that we live in an age of instant information. Or disinformation. Is Hillary a great candidate for President? On first look, no. On second look, there has been so much thrown at her, that the more you look the better she seems. She still just comes out looking like a bureaucrat in a pants suit. Trump is a train wreck, who the more you look, you want to look away. Those who hate the system should work towards valid third party candidates and not obvious asshats.

Clinton is not a candidate I can necessarily be proud of (Jess13 plz be quiet). Yet Trump has made this election into a total mess of ********. I can't understand how so many people can't see that Trump has no-ones interests at stake but his own. Clinton ends up being the female Romney, with less Mormonism. IDK, look at the link (and others)...this is getting ridiculous.

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

What rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

3. lostngone macrumors 65816

lostngone

Wut? :confused:

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It ends with Hillary winning the top job she paid for. She's deeply connected to crooked establishment politicians, Wall St, foreign governments and radical progressives in tinsel town. The uber rich that want to stay that way. Big government supporters are Hillary boosters. It's as good as done and the staff at Planned Parenthood is ready.

5. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Twenty six days and twenty two hours and this all ends.

We can all get back to talk of speculation of what iPhone 7S will give us.

6. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wut? November 28th isn't 26 days away. Donald Trump will be out there campaigning until then apparently. He really is his own man on his own schedule. :D

7. blackfox thread starter macrumors 65816

blackfox

As opposed to? Patently unhinged narcissist that might do whatever to cover his debts or massage his bruised ego? I mean really, I can understand not liking Hillary or the Democratic Party - but if you other choice is that...oh, what the hell has happened...

8. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I thought that was an appropriate allusion to Hillary.

9. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

As of this morning, independents appear to be breaking right...

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...ections/election_2016/white_house_watch_oct12

10. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Seems like the biggest problem for Republicans at this point is going to be voter turnout for down ballot races. If they don't like their party's leader many won't even bother to show up to vote.

11. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I don't like Trump at all and I would never ever vote for Hillary so my option is to vote for the candidate who has the best chances of preventing Hillary from being president. I will show without a doubt.

12. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

And Trump will resume his payments to her.

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I love the hypocrisy of this election. People complain about Bill Clinton being sexually abusive towards women and then....rush to elect someone who is sexually abusive towards women.

It really is quite amazing.

14. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

"Stop slouching towards Bethlehem!"
    -- The Mother of the Beast

15. thermodynamic, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016

thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Must have worked since Hillary is not 50 points ahead. Can't believe she said that in what is one of the oddest tangents ever uttered and she's raised a lot of fair and great points this election, especially healthcare despite wanting to cling to what more and more are saying is an expensive mistake (ex1, ex2a, ex2b, all that does is to seemingly (and unexpectedly, unwittingly too(?)) to help Trump - a guy people say isn't a great chess player). And to think people believed that the reason Bill called long-time friend Don shortly before he entered the race was because of doing a favor to run?!

Who knows. And, no, not just one person was in this race and made it harder for the others, which is something all competition tends to do in case people forgot under the assumption we all live in the Smurf village. Bernie is likened to the Democrats the same way Donald is likened to the Republicans. Stein and Johnson are just a paid of Naders in the eyes of some, equally allowed to vote as competition by others.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Clinton was saying about Florida yesterday “If we win Florida, there’s no way my opponent can win."

Well, yeah, especially if he exhorts them to show up on Nov 28th. Donald must have turkey on his mind, and even at that he's got the date wrong for Thanksgiving.

17. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Evan McMullin is polling 22% in Utah. Maybe he'll put the election into the House after all.

It's getting so crazy now.... you can bet Ryan wouldn't pump for Trump in that situation.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Donald Trump is a turkey. :D

20. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

For now, with Trump it is alleged. Sadly, with Bill it's been proven - otherwise Trump would not not taken the low road during the last debate, which has done plenty to harm Hillary (the tabloids now saying she allegedly enabled his behavior (really??). Am highlighting a key word here...

Election 2020 may as well feature heavy metal musicians selecting rap stars as VP choices, and Ben Franklin dug up from the grave. Both would be just as sordid, as history has seemed to have shown, if that's the only issue people give a crap about and by 2020 that'll probably be the case. :( Back in 1780 they had better things to think about. Or 1960... Harding, Roosevelt, Kennedy, have all been abusive in one way or another. Didn't bother people back then... are we seeing people finally evolving or only not caring when it's their preferred party does it? Which makes no sense because I'm so sick of the sex stuff as if it's the only issue...

Source: https://soapboxie.com/us-politics/Sexual-Affairs-by-US-Presidents

It's their lives, their business, not our business, it's not hurt us unless they personally gave us herpes. Did they give you herpes? I don't need to know and I'm sorry if they did. By now more people have it compared to those that know they have it but I digress: Democrats taught me that almost two decades ago, that peoples' personal lives are their own private business only. What changed? Irrelevant, even despite the double standards that come from the same party that hit us all over the head with it in the late-90s -- so can we get back to the issues that we don't want us all to be ****ed over with instead?????
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    Oooh, kinky!! :D :D :D

Ryan and Trump disagree rather rabidly on some issues. Ryan is too busy trying to keep Congressional control to ensure more mostly-gridlock. So no worries - mostly?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2016 ---
    And with the populace being overfed with all this corn and stuffing from all parties involved (or so it seems), it's all been a nice Thanksgiving feast that everybody's going to upchuck soon enough due to getting sick from it all.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

With the way this campaign is unfolding, we already lost.

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Even when they might have committed a crime?

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

No argument on that from a Swedish model of Graydon Carter's acquaintance, apparently.

Carter, the editor of Vanity Fair, unloaded on Trump the other day in a piece in the magazine's news & politics section. I hadn't realized that Carter had managed to displease Trump enough to trigger not a tweetstorm but a long running Twitter timeline of attacks on Carter, referencing Carter's every NY business venture; sample tweets obligingly included by Carter in his piece.

Anyway one of Carter's recollections involved arranging guests at VF's two tables of guests at a White House Correspondent's dinner one year. He seated a young Swedish model next to another guest he'd invited, one Donald Trump... only to have the young woman rush over to beg Carter to move her after 45 minutes because Trump had spent that whole time

"assaying the “tits” and legs of the other female guests and asking how they
    measured up to those of other women, including his wife. “He is,” she told me, in words that seemed familiar, “the most vulgar man I have ever met.
    ” ​

A turkey, indeed. The piece has some really funny bits in it, worth the read.

24. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

25. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Brewster!