OK whiners, keep it up and planetbeing may walk away like Geohot did.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dhlizard, Jul 21, 2010.

1. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Those idiots among us who are whining and crying better knock it off, sounds like planetbeing "could" be the next one to walk away.

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Ya come on people, you are going to burn yourself out of a jailbreak.

All of those STUPID TWEETS. Oh really you want a jailbreak, OH I am sure no one knows that you are waiting. So lets say you think oh ill just ask him once or twice how long. Well with ten million iphones out there it only take less than a quarter of one percent to be a huge mob of teenagers and whinny old jerks who cant keep their flippen mouth shut for a few weeks.

I remmember with the first iphone it would take months to finally get a jailbreak and when it came you would be so happy you would not ever upgrade untill months later when the NEw jailbreak was done.

Someone should slap the **** out of all of you....

Ok Rant over

3. ScrappyDoo80 macrumors member

I tend to agree...I am a moron that doesnt' know anything about jailbreaking except how awesome it is... and how thankful I am that people take their time and effort and attention and stuff so we can enjoy it.

Thanks to the dev team/Geohot/ people here who can help me...

There are ppl like me who are truly thankful... Much appreciated.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Where's this suffering he refers to? Because someone did something stupid and upgraded before they were told to? How can they whine about that?

5. The General macrumors 601

jailbreaks didn't used to be a packaged thing for mass consumption. i remember having to follow like 30 steps of complicated instructions to jailbreak my original iphone. all prefaced with "THIS COMES WITH NO WARRANTY AND IT MIGHT BRICK YOUR PHONE"

the fact that i have to wait for it to be packaged to a point where a monkey can open the program and click the button is what irritates me.

geohot got his ipad and had cydia installed the same day. the dev team had cydia on the iphone 4 the day of the launch.

i dont care if it's unstable. i dont care if i risk having to restore my iphone. i dont care if it's tethered. i dont care if you dont want to help me figure out the instructions or help me fix my iphone when i break it. all i want is to be able to access the files on my iphone.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This is a rhetorical question, right?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes. :)

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I agree, I would rather have a hard, may brick your phone, five hour and 30 step process, so it would keep all of the dumb people out of it.

9. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

The joys of being famous. I hope people cut the dev team some slack.

10. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

And I bet you it's the I need one button to push, know nothing, zero whizbag, non wonders who are crying the loudest.

Many of us would be content with the old style jailbreaks but we are not the ones complaining.

11. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

How did I know a thread like this would pop up as soon as planetbeing tweeted? What exactly is the point? It's not like chastising the whiners is going to make them shut up about it, just check twitter.

The best remedy for all of this is to find something else to fixate on for awhile.

12. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

So would I, but then on these forums there would be twice as many threads asking for help.

13. The General macrumors 601

yep, but if they did that, then jay freeman wouldn't be raking in the cash from all those ****ing ads in Cydia. if they did that, then no one would buy Cyntact and all those ****** themes.

it's a shame, really. the jailbreaking community has turned to total ****.

they dug their own grave. they made jailbreaking too easy, which lead to stupid people using their stuff. stupid people complain and whine. they created the whining by making jailbreaking too easy. congratulations, dev team.

future jailbreaking should all be done in the terminal.

14. still in school macrumors 6502

AMEN! I enjoyed it when I had to stay up til 3 am just to jailbreak it because I missed a step. Thus, causing the majority of the general idiots not to even attempt it with a ten foot pole. The community then were helpful, mature and really did enjoy doing it. Now, it's so easy to do that it's bringing on these whiny "high schoolers".

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

Oh well, let them walk away. No one told them to get in the jailbreaking business. Its the way of the world, people complain, that's what we do.

16. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I don't think planetbeing's tweet reflects the level of frustration everyone seems to be attributing to it. *shrug*

17. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

I am and have been VERY GRATEFULL to everyone for their help.

The problem is that now with so many people who dont even bother to do a few minutes research before they do something, when you do actually need help it will be hard to find.

Thanks to the whole DEV team, and others who have given of their valuable time to allow the rest of us to enjoy our devices. Apple owes you guys big, because without a JB I wouldnt have gone past the first iPhone.

well if he is not frustarated by all of those repeate tweets I would be surprised...

Oh and I want a JB is it ready yet? JK, LOL

18. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

Your post portrays the exact reason why these few who sacrifice their time for our benefit might just decide one day to do exactly that.

Somehow I doubt you have neither the ability to create these things for yourself nor the appreciation to understand the gift we get from them.

Too bad !

19. dhlizard thread starter macrumors G4

dhlizard

While it may not today, how many more cycles of the new firmware and/or new hardware requiring vast amounts of drudgery work while being assailed by self-centered immature idiots until he does begin to get frustrated.

20. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

Let him, walk. Him and the Dev Team put this pressure on themselves. Nobody is forcing or paying them to do what they do. (Don't get it twisted though, I super appreciate the time and effort they go through for buttheads like me).They leak tidbits and everyone gets excited and asks a bunch of questions. How bout no tidbits, just release it when it's ready?

I'm with you :) just mad impatient.

EXACTLY. And I'm not sure you can call it a business if it doesn't make money.Nobody made Lebron leave Cleveland, he did what he wanted. The Dev Team can walk around with the only JB i4's on earth if they wanted to.

These tweets they put out makes things worse. You have people deciphering what is being said in 10 different ways. Giving misleading info, or riling everyone up just because. Why even tweet something like that?

21. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Jailbreaking used to be hard, but it was fun, too. It brought out the inner-nerd in us all. You used to have to manually give the bootloader files to pwnage/winpwn, then hope the thing worked, then restored to the IPSW.
    Every time the Dev Team attempts a jailbreak, there are more and more things to prevent their tools. Like SHSHs, I wouldn't know where to begin to try and bypass that, but they did it, successfully.
    I have loads of respect for the Dev Team, and I wouldn't even own an iPhone without them -- I rely on an unlock to even use my phone.

22. r3voLoL macrumors member

If you were standing near me, I would punch you square in the throat.

23. nfl46 macrumors 603

I hope they never come out with one so you can whine. That would be funny.

24. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Personally, I've always wondered why they use twitter. It makes it as easy as possible for them to see constant complaints and questions about when it'll be done, and as easy as possible for people to complain and ask when it'll be done.

It's the worst of all worlds, with the exception that you can get progress updates to the complainers faster. If I was one of these guys, I'd quit too.

25. jsquared macrumors 6502

jsquared

My throat punches harder than your fist I'm sure.

You're not relevant.