Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2012
I get tired of reading about how the iPhone needs to step it up,how it needs to grow up. Yes I agree,but can't we just reminisce a little & show Apple a little love??

For me,I LOVE how the iPhone's have been shaped,great fit in the hand & pocket. I love how clean & fun iOS has always been,& I especially love the app store. Great selection.
My favorite iPhone yet? I'd have to say.. The 4. It was the first revolutionize design plan Apple had made in a LONG time,(since the 3G).

What about you guys??

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Gotta love that Retina Display. Everything is crystal clear. Feels so weird to go back to my mom's 2nd gen iPod Touch every now and then.

Also, battery life is a huge asset on the iPhone. I get two days' worth of use no problem.

Dumbledorelives

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2010
Mine would be build quality and keyboard. Nothing beats the high quality feel of a glass phone with a metal band, it's amazing in the hand. Granted, a little fragile, but if you take as much care of your phone as I do, not a problem.

I also love the keyboard on Thai thing. I can type incredibly quickly, and it's simple. I can't stand the android phones with words popping up all the time, "predictive" text constantly getting things wrong, or those weird little bars that pop up with three or four corrections and you have to stop and pick one. I like my simple iPhone keyboard that only bothers me when I make an obvious and stupid mistake, but otherwise remains simple and elegant.

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
The software stack.

It's all about Apps. No "system" feature really tops the infrastructure Apple has created to enable App developers to do what they do.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
the number one feature on my 4s is the camera. It's great having a camera this good attached to a device that is always with me. By no means am I a pro photographer, but I have taken some great shots with my 4s and I'm glad I didn't miss them.

awer25

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2011
The fact that I've already paid for lots of iOS apps over the years and am now stuck with iOS. Woohoo!

J/k, I actually like my 4S.

jdlindsey7

macrumors 6502
Feb 4, 2010
Stability. I've owned several different phones over the years and the one thing that Android can't compete on is stability.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
the number one feature on my 4s is the camera. It's great having a camera this good attached to a device that is always with me. By no means am I a pro photographer, but I have taken some great shots with my 4s and I'm glad I didn't miss them.

They say the best camera is the one you've got with you. :cool:

wc17

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2012
Awesome screen.
Silky smooth OS.
Great camera.
iMessage.

Oh, and its awful pretty!

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I still to this day love taking it out of its case, polishing it with a cloth and just admiring the way it looks. It really is beautiful.

With that being said, I am praying Apple changes it up and gives us a fresh new device that's totally different, with the same build quality and beauty. I'm starting to get a little bored with the 4 form. And I don't mean just a vertically stretched 4S with bigger speaker grill holes, a smaller dock connector, and a two toned striped back plate.

b166er

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2010
Philly
So I'm assuming it's the same person giving every single comment a -1?

----------

They say the best camera is the one you've got with you. :cool:

yeah that's true. It's nice to have a capable camera built in to the phone. Really saves on precious pocket space. The idea of a man-bag frightens me.

DodgeV83

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
The apps, and the camera! I'm still blown away sometimes at the capabilities of my 9 month old iPhone 4S :)

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
App selection
App Quality
Support from Apple
Consistent fluidity of iOS
Ecosystem
iTunes
Integration of hardware and software
Build quality
Looks
Build materials
Retina display
Camera
Accessories selection
Timely OS updates
iPhone fits nicely in the hand (though Apple could probably go up to 4.3" before this becomes a real issue for most people)

buddgeez

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2012
Apps and camera thats about all. If the Galaxy S3 had the appstore lol, I'd have one right now. Don't get me wrong the s3 has a great camera but i think the 4s has the best camera on a smartphone, besides nokia of course. But yea i love my 4s. I just wish android could have apps as good as ios.

----------

I still to this day love taking it out of its case, polishing it with a cloth and just admiring the way it looks. It really is beautiful.

With that being said, I am praying Apple changes it up and gives us a fresh new device that's totally different, with the same build quality and beauty. I'm starting to get a little bored with the 4 form. And I don't mean just a vertically stretched 4S with bigger speaker grill holes, a smaller dock connector, and a two toned striped back plate.
Wow I thought I was the only one that did that 

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Stability, performance consistency, great support from Apple, tons of high quality apps, easy to use UI, great battery life, great screen, near-perfect size, UI smoothness, best camera.

Ecoh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2009
USA

Just last week while polishing it, I decided it was to pretty to hide in a case. Could not bear to put it back in its faded, scuffed case. I love the feel of it in my hands, so now It is case-less.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.