Okay, I'm sold! Is there any chance of me finding an iPhone 5 this weekend?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LWP777, Sep 22, 2012.

1. LWP777 Suspended

Well, I was just going to wait until next year (when my upgrade eligibility is available) to get the iPhone 5s or 6 but now I want the iPhone 5. With all this talk about how lighting fast it is I really would like to sell my 4s and just purchase, at full price, the 5.

I realize most places are completely sold out but do they get new shipments in everyday? Do I have any shot at finding one this weekend?

Here are the places that are near me:

Apple Store
    Sprint store (multiple locations)
    Best Buy
    Walmart
    Radio Shack

Have I missed any?

2. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I will say your best bet would be an Apple store. Usually they get the most shipments and are more likely to have some in stock. Try the biggest Apple store where you live.

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, most ATT and VZW models are in stock. I was at an Apple Store yesterday afternoon to p/u a cable and they still had a nice amount stacked up in the Genius Bar. Don't know what specific models but as long as you aren't too picky you should be able to find one this weekend.

4. jester0723 macrumors regular

If you do find any, they'll likely be 64gb. I was at my Verizon corporate store yesterday around 12:30pm and they said that they only had white 64gb models left.

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I walked into an Apple store yesterday looking for something else, fully expecting that they had sold out phones, they had not, they still had almost all phones in stock. So, I was able to grab exactly what I wanted. :)

This was a 4 o'clock yesterday - they did not have many left though. Just 5-6 of each type.

6. KPOM, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

KPOM macrumors G5

Grand Central was sold out of AT&T models this morning when they opened. They didn't know when the next shipment was coming, but if you try an Apple Store you might get lucky and get there just after a shipment arrives.

7. pragmatous macrumors 65816

I can't walk into the store because i have to use bill me later :(