Okay macrumors... i need your help (girl related + musicians will help here.)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TheSVD, Jul 4, 2009.

1. TheSVD macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

Okay, so theres this girl i really like and we've been dating for a while now. On monday she is coming round and I want to ask her out. I'd planned out how to do this perfectly - by playing her her favourite song on guitar. i do not want to change this plan - she loves this kinda stuff! I saw the tabs for the song a while back, so i thought ill learn it soon. However, upon playing the tabs - they suck and are totally wrong. The link for the tab is here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/as_tall_as_lions/acrobat_tab.htm

This just doesnt sound right to me :( And i really want to play her this song. The song is 'Acrobat' By the artist 'As tall as lions'. It is chords all the way through and i can figure out the ending myself. I have a capo and this band plays in lots if different tunings (even C. F. C. F. A. C. - what the hell is that?) And the tabs suggests a capo on the first fret. The tab simply sounds wrong and im no good at tabbing myself.

The song can be listened to here - http://www.ihopeyourearsbleed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/acrobat.mp3
    Mods, this is a free Mp3 streaming site before its legality is questioned.

So, im basically wondering if ANYONE could tab this song (apart from the solo like bit at the end - though that would be cool) very soon, ready for monday. I dont quite know how i would repay you, or how you would trust me to repay you, but anyone who does can PM me with ideas.

Please, for the love of ... - i know she will love this SO much and i will be eternally greatful to anyone who could do this. I was so heartbroken to know that the tabs were crap :(

Thankyou very much :)

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why not just search for different tabs for that song?

3. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I played along with a capo on first freet, sounded pretty accurate to me. Have you remembered the capo?

4. MattyK macrumors 6502a

MattyK

I gave the song a listen to, It predominantly has G, eMinor, C with a capo on the first fret.

Now It shouldn't be too hard to play along with, it pretty much goes g, eMinor for the 1st half of the song, then the second half uses C, eMinor.

The solo sounds relatively easy and I had a look at your tabs and gave the solo a play, it sounds pretty much identical to the song.

Maybe your timing was out? try playing along with the song, it helps

5. TheSVD thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

only ones i could find mate ;)

hmm okay... just in standard yes?

okay, ill try :)

Thankyou so much you two, i really appreciate it you know :)

6. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Yes, standard E tuning with a capo on first fret. :)

7. STSNorthstar macrumors regular

One thing I've found with guitar and the ladies, is that you don't want to replicate the record a lot of the time. Girls, and people in general, appreciate it whern you can take someone elses song, and add youre own twist to it to make it something they havent heard before. If you make it unique and interesting, you stand a higher chance of captivating her than you do by playing it the same way she's heard 100 times before.

Do this by using the capo to change your key, or change the tempo and rhythm. Possililities are endless. Don't half-ass it though, that really can only fool children!

8. TheSVD thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheSVD

Hey guys, thanks for the input :)
    didnt realise the "notes relative to capo", so when it asks to play, say, 3 on E and 2 on A, you actually had to do 4 on E and 3 on A :eek: Well, that sounds right now anyway :D Time to woe the girl :D

ANd STS, thanks ;) but shes already been impressed by my guitar playing beforehand! But i will put your ideas into future use :p