okay.. we are now at beta 6 of the 2.0 firmware but..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i.maverick, May 23, 2008.

1. i.maverick macrumors regular

i.maverick

ya.. so many great features being added by apple. but i do not see any remote reference to copy/paste. or did i miss something?
    also, there is no multiple select. like for example, when you want to select multiple contacts to text to, u have to select each one one by one. that gets annoying. so is there any mention of these two :features: in any of the betas?
    and please, its not a rant.
    :)

2. neven macrumors 6502a

There is specific mention of it NOT being there. Same goes for the available-everywhere horizontal keyboard - it's not there.

3. StoneGaijin macrumors regular

Still got over a month until release guys....

If it ain't there, there is gonna be a reason for it, patience, we'll get it on 2.01 then....

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I think there are a lot of features that Apple will test internally and not release in Beta. Come on, they have to have some surprises on the 2.0 release.

5. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

yes and no. I'm sure they want to have some surprises, but the whole point of the betas is to give developers the tools they need to create applications with the SDK for the 2.0 software. I'd think Apple would want the devs to be apprised of most of the changes so they can build applications that take full advantage of the software.

6. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Keep in mind, developers don't have beta 6 yet, and it's them programmers who tend to find these hidden features.

7. MacDryCleaner macrumors regular

I think the surprises and the real candy is gonna be found in the apps that are going to be released by 3rd party developers. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stuff Apple releases with the new iPhone will be dwarfed by what some of the development community comes out with.

New iPhone or old iPhone, with the new apps we are all going to be busy with all kinds of new software in a very short time.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone

8. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

other than 3g, what could apple be adding to the new phone, should it happen, that cant be added to the old iphone thru firmware updates?

9. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I agree with you. I really want to be able to send an email to a group. I don't want to have to select each of the 15 people in the group individually. Is there something I am missing?

10. i.maverick thread starter macrumors regular

i.maverick

ya.. but i do not think apple has provided anything in the SDK for copy/paste or multiple select or even landscape keyboard to be implemented.!!

11. i.maverick thread starter macrumors regular

i.maverick

and i also get the feeling that apple is treating 2.0 as it. yno like 10.5. they would from now on just provide the bug fixes. no more features till 3.0. and the point upgrades would be a lot smaller in size.
    i really would like to see copy/paste and multiple select as well as landscape keyboard. some of the more basic things really.
    :rolleyes:

12. newyorksole macrumors 68030

IMO I don't think we will be surprised with much. It took 6 months for the first iPhone to come out since it was announced in January 07. In those 6 months the only thing that was added was a youtube app. The only major update was the one where google apps got upgraded, edit home screen etc.

So I really don't think you guys should get your hopes up about Apple throwing in surprises. They will rely on the apps store to "surprise you".