Oklahoma nutcase says, "Obama should be executed ..."

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Feb 1, 2014.

1. citizenzen macrumors 65816

"Obama is not the president as far as I'm concerned. He should be executed as an enemy combatant ... the Muslims that he is shipping into our country through pilots and commercial jets ... this guy is a criminal ... Congress doing nothing. That legally allows this moron to make decisions. He has no authority! None!"

Republican Congressman Jim Bridenstine could have reminded this vile and misinformed hag that Obama was twice given authority to be the President of the United States by the American people. That's where he gets the authority.

Bridenstine, doesn't scold her, doesn't correct her, doesn't remind her about the basics of U.S. politics. Instead he says, "everybody knows the lawlessness of this president ... "

What an amazing display of idiocy by both a congressman and his constituents.

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Fixed that for her.

Doesn't sound too good, does it? Especially when her ancestors, as well as Bridenstine's may have come into the country by those means.

Yet they would regard the above list of Presidents as 'heroes' and 'patriots'. Yet they did the exact thing that she's blaming Obama for.

Indeed.

BL.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Oklahoma, Where the Wind Comes Sweeping Through the Ears.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Free speech...one of America's greatest virtues, even when the speaker is functioning with the IQ of a house plant.

Free speech...defend it to the death, even when the speaker is in desperate need of several sharp blows to the head.

Ah, well...free speech is only truly free when it defends speakers expressing unpopular, and astoundingly stupid, assertions.

;) :D

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Then, to follow your logic, this guy should be up for a Nobel Prize of some sort.

6. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

7. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

Just in case anybody has forgotten how to answer paranoid ignorance in your constituents, John McCain provided a fine example ...

8. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Since I'm assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that the post above are referring to my post (as it used my wording), it was a comment on the value of free speech, and defending the right to be a moron.

Lots of people say stuff with which I disagree, stupid or well reasoned...that was the point of my post...the freedom to say it.

Whether the comment referred to in the post above regarding Bush falls into the "stupid", or "well reasoned", category is a judgement made by the reader...and of no particular interest to me.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not quite sure what this has to do with the subject of this thread unless a Democratic Congressman was present when these idiots wrote that crap and didn't say anything.

10. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

That is a really tortured comparison.

What both your Tweets and the woman in the original video demonstrate is that there are plenty of crazy, bitter, vengeful and irrational people in the world.

The problem is less the person who spouts the garbage. The bigger problem is when a politician like Bridenstine doesn't counter it, like John McCain did.

I don't expect every ordinary citizen to be rational or to contain the filth that spews from their lips. But when our leaders join in and reinforce the insanity, then that is a truly sorry thing to witness.

11. pdjudd macrumors 601

I would actually say that most house plants are smarter since they tend not to spew such nonsense... :D

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

McCain is one of the senators I respect most.

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Which version?

The man doesn't have a backbone anymore, just blowing carelessly in the wind until every two or three years doing something "mavericky". Other than those rare moments he's ready and willing to toe the line and continue the same talking points of the week as his party.

14. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

What? I think this lady is confused... I thought Dubya was the one who allowed terrorists to come to the US for pilot training, while their presence was ignored, and to hijack commercial planes and fly them into to buildings....

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I respect 20th century McCain. 21st century, not a chance.

16. Desertrat macrumors newbie

Execute Obama? And wind up with "Two-Shot" Biden?

I went through this with JFK/LBJ. No mas!

17. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

"I'm in charge here!!!"

Ahhhh, no sir, actually you're not. The Speaker of the House is. :p

18. vrDrew macrumors 65816

One of the things I love most about this country is that you have the right to be wrong about things. Sometimes spectacularly, mind-numbingly diametrically-opposed-to-reality misinformed about the fundamental nature of the world you inhabit.

I say this because I'm increasingly concerned about developments in Europe (and elsewhere) that make, for example, Holocaust denial a crime. (Holocaust denial is wrong - but it is up to real scholars to refute it by means of evidence and logic. Not policemen and judges.)

True history, or science, should never be afraid to be challenged by a contrary hypothesis - no matter how silly, outlandish, or unpleasant. There was a time when the concept of heliocentrism was (literally) blasphemy.

And so I'm not overly concerned by the blatherings of this deluded woman. And expecting the Congressman to loudly correct her misperceptions is, perhaps, unrealistic.

Unless one's speech is clearly and specifically threatening and/or designed to incite violence, people in this country have the right to say anything they want. No matter how wrong it may be.

19. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

:eek:

Yeah, that's the moral problem behind killing Obama.

You'd end up with Biden.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

----------

Why unrealistic?

And no one is suggesting he shout her down.

The video of Senator McCain demonstrates that it doesn't need to be done "loudly".

----------

What was she talking about?

Anybody familiar enough with right wing-nut media to recognize where that came from?

I'm baffled.

20. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Consider the source, and tailor your expectations accordingly.

McCain is representative of the older, wiser, and more level headed Republicans from days long since past. While you don't necessarily have to agree with their policies, you could at least respect them to a point.

This guy is obviously a part of the Tea Party, a group that thrives on fearmongering and baseless propaganda. Expecting anything else of them is nothing more than wishful thinking.

21. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

Unfortunately, Jim Bridenstine spectacularly failed to use his free speech and leadership position to lead. I don't recall hearing much about him before. No wonder, the guy is a moron.

It is very sad that you can't see the difference. There are always plenty of dumb people out there. The problem is what Jim Bridenstine did and did not say.

Exactly.

If Boehner wants to demonstrate his leadership, he will introduce a motion to censure Jim Bridenstine ASAP.

22. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

I have to think wishfully.

Otherwise, is this supposed to be the new normal?

I would hope we can recognize insanity and stop it before it gets to the point where it's just business as usual.

23. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    That's assuming Boehner will worry more about doing his job rather than just keeping it.

----------

It is the new normal. The Tea Party isn't exactly sweeping the country, but it's gotten far enough to gain a solid foothold in the government, and is gonna be around for a good while.

At this point, wishing our congressmen were more responsible with their words and actions won't do much of anything for anyone. We're to the point where we have to actively fight against the crazy if we want to keep it from spreading.

24. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I suppose if it were the other way around, and a democratic leader were saying that about Bush Jr / Sr, I have a gut feeling nearly everyone on here would praise that leader.

25. Eraserhead, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2014

Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I really doubt it. Death threats are abhorrent.

Edit: Take a look at - http://www.boycottliberalism.com/Whacked.htm - a right wing site pointing out Bush criticisms and yet there are no death threats.