Olbermans Worst person in the world 9/24/09 this is priceless

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Sep 24, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. bamaworks macrumors 6502

3. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

Interesting. I'd have to watch the whole show from that excerpt to get the full context, but I wouldn't doubt if Beck messed up. I can say though that Olberman and Beck both share the same title, "The Most Smug People on the Planet". They both have good arguments sometimes, but I wish they would tone down their egos just a little bit. Just a teensy please? I might consider watching your "shows" more often, B & O, if you do that one thing for me. :eek:

4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

I tend to laugh at his worst person in the world selections. Whilst he may feel them to be *******s because of political allegiances, targeting Glenn Beck for outing radical political extremists or Michele Bachmann because she doesn't support the same things he does and tries to educate people of it doesn't make them the worst person in the world. His list would have some common sense if rapists, murderers, psychos (although he may feel that everyone should agree with Obama and those that don't are psychos), and people like Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong were on the list. Because a devout antisemitic, holocaust denier who swore nuclear apocalypse on the state of Israel and a man whose own people starve to death because his own economic policies and greed for power put him deserve to be on the worst people in the world list.

As it stands, Olbermann and O'Reilly rank right next to each other on the d-bag meter. I have no sympathy or care for either of them and both are shoddy journalists.

5. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

6. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I agree thats why i enjoy him but i prefer Rachel anyway but the only thing i watch Olberman is for the worsts persons in the world stuff anyw:D ay

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I like both, Olberman is a good laugh and Rachel is much more relaxed.

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

The "Worst Persons in the World" segment, has been described by even Keith himself, to be taken with a grain of salt. He addressed the point you made about murders. Of course they're worse, this is just to make a point and not to be in anyway literal.

9. Shivetya macrumors 65816

I guess when your getting your butt kicked in the ratings the only thing left to do is call your opponent names and look for every little mistake he makes?

While I am not a Beck fan anything related to MSNBC is a joke. The problem with Olberman and his like is they can't stand the fact that they aren't right, let alone get over the fact they are not popular.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please. It's people like Beck who aren't right- they're flat out liars.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

:eek: ...Wow, that was incredible.

I mean, I didn't even see Fox's lips move!

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Olbermann is hardly as crazed as Beck or Hannity. You have to look at the 6pm MSNBC guy (can't remember his name and too lazy to look it up) for that. He's bat ***** crazy.

13. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

The Ed Show.;)

Not as bad as CNN's Lou Dobbs.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Ive never watched Olberman but he sounds like a dick. Maybe he should use some of his efforts to try to get some ratings, throw some frogs in water and such.

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

"How could MSNBC, CNN, etc etc have missed this story" - FOX NEWS

Yea, fox is always right. :rolleyes:

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

17. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

why wouldnt he be?

18. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Hehe, Olbermann can be entertaining at times...

19. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

between his birther belives and his anti Mexico crap this is one hr i dont watch CNN. He Really should be on fox he fits on there perfectly.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Lou Dobbs used to be a good man. I don't know what happened to him.

Olbermann is an interesting guy. He can be pretentious at times, and other times he doesn't take himself seriously at all. He's put considerable of his own money on the line daring hypocritical right wingers (like the guy who said he'd try being waterboarded, then backed out) to prove their "point". His rivalry with Bill-O is kind of childish, yet it's still amusing because baiting O'Reilly is like shooting fish in a barrel. And like the video clip above, he often proves the Fox putz, er, pundits wrong.

21. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

yeah the thing that olberman goes over the top with is the voices they can be annoying at some times my all time favorite olberman bit is when pallin misteped on what a VP does and olberman http://current.com/items/89439915_olbermann-rips-palin-for-not-knowing-what-vp-does.htm