Old Anti-Glare or Crystal Screen Films, will they fit iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mitchellh, Jul 11, 2008.

1. mitchellh macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm wondering if the anti-glare and crystal screen files you can get from the apple store will fit the screen of the iPhone 3G. I love my new iPhone but I can't stand looking at it with its wide open screen.

:)

2. greenyboy411 macrumors newbie

they would definitely fit, but i'm not sure they would cover the whole surface. i've heard conflicting reports about the size of the black area in relation to the original, so if its larger, youll have probably a few milimeters of unprotected iphone. shouldnt be a big deal, but investing in some new crystal film wouldnt hurt

3. pfish macrumors member

The anti-glare film sets sort of fit, but it's kind of small. The Apple store had normal film sets for 3G, but they said if the anti-glare ones didn't fit I could return them.

I'm going to keep it on since it works for now, and wait for an Incase slider for 3G.

4. woodbutcher macrumors regular

woodbutcher

I brought home the anti glare protector.. They are about 3/16" too narrow, and about 1/8" too short, also the earpiece hole and the home button hole are too far apart. I used and really liked the slider case on my first gen iphone. I am not sure how a slider could work on the 3g with it's tapered back, unless they split it at the fattest point

5. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

They don't fit the 3G is wider and a little taller. PowerSupport has 3G versions of both their AntiGlare and Crystal Films if you go onto their website you can order them.

6. truciet macrumors 6502

apple store has both of them in stock. the packaging is the exact same as the 1st gen...just look for the 3G on it. i got my anti-glare package with my phone friday. it fits perfectly :cool:

7. devvoid macrumors member

Has anyone been able to find the new anti-glare screens from PowerSupport on the Apple Store online? I can't seem to find them and all the stores here are out :(

8. meagain macrumors 68030

The 3g Power Support Crystal Film does NOT look sized to fit the 3g. It's cut too narrow. The 2g version on my 2g phone is sized much better. I think they screwed up. I think it's about 1/8" too narrow.

9. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

It fits well enough to use while you are waiting for the 3G version. I put the first gen version on in the meantime...it at least covers the "visible" portion of the screen (not the black edges) but the visible portion is the most important part.
    On a side note, I have had a touch iPod since they came out and I never put anything on the screen and it still looks pristine. They are pretty resistant to scratches etc but I don't want to take the chance.