Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
Hi guys

I have an old Apple monitor I'm trying to use with my G5 dual 2.0, it's the 1710 ( I think ) and I know it's old, but I used it in a dual set up with my G3, so I know it works. Now it's hooked up but tthe monitor turns itself off right away turn I turn on the G5.

Any ideas ?

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
The powersupply of the monitor, is this hooked up to the G5 or an external power socket? If it's hooked up to the g5, try it into an external socket!

Or is the refresh rate of the graphics card to high for the monitor? try first to get this to 60 hz.

BTW, have you tried mirroring in a low resolution with a low refresh rate which both monitors can handle?

Dahl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 21, 2002
L.A.
The monitor gets it's juice from a regular powerstrip. The display panel ( in 10.3 ) only shows one monitor, I assume both would show up, if they both were working ?
The refresh rate is ok.
btw. I swapped the cables on the montiors and the old monitor worked, but I just can't get them to work at the same time.

Both monitors are VGA, could it be that you only can have one VGA monitor connected at the same time ? Would one of them have to be a Apple LCD screen ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.