Old iPhone faulty in UK - best bet for getting fixed under warranty?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by drlunanerd, Aug 6, 2008.

1. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

So my original iPhone has developed a fault - the vibrator has died and the phone app has started becoming unstable.

What does everyone think is the best bet for getting it fixed?
    Take it to an O2 store or an Apple Store? I bought it from O2 online in their sale only a couple of months ago.

Ideally I'd like a replacement, and I assume this would have to be the new 3G model as they sold out of the 2G model some time ago.

Anyone have any recent experience of this situation?

2. drlunanerd thread starter macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Thanks for all the helpful responses guys! :rolleyes: :p

I took it to an Apple Store, and after checking it for water damage, drop damage and then taking ages restoring it, they replaced it with a new one. Not a 3G model but the good old first gen. Me happy camper.

BTW I'm on O2 PAYG and it was no problem - still covered under warranty. One thing to check though is that O2 had cut the warranty by 4 months, presumably by pre-registering the phone with Apple before I bought it (and bumping all those sales figure reports I expect) so apparently I have to call AppleCare and send them a copy of my receipt to get back the lost months.