iPhone Old phone numbers coming up in Autofill "to" field in messages

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by richardc1983, Oct 2, 2012.

1. richardc1983, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012

richardc1983 macrumors regular

As above, when I go to type a persons name in the "to" field in messages the persons old number comes up with their name next to it also. I have tried deleting the contact, turning contacts off, checking at the server level to see if its not updating at the server level and everywhere is upto date.

Even the phone contact in my phone is correct with the right number but his two previous numbers are still there in autocomplete, old messages that were deleted were even showing up in spotlight search until I turned it off and on again and it cleared those. Have tried rebooting the phone as well after turning contacts off.

Currently contacts are off but when I go to type a message and where the "to" field is the contacts are still coming up for whoever I type incluiding my friends old numbers which have long been deleted! What is occuring.

If I add those old numbers to a new contact under "ignore" for example it then removes the association with "Paul" however when I delete the "ignore" contact the phone still associates "ignore" even though its been deleted. It isnt doing it for any other contacts?

I am thinking a "delete all content and settings" then syncing the phone again may sort?
    Thank you.

2. richardc1983 thread starter macrumors regular